twenty-five :)

This Town - Niall Horan

We were laid out in the back yard of my Uncle's house. We laid out on a blanket with music playing in between us. Our hands were interlocked as the free ones pointed out certain constellations.

"Do you ever think the stars remember us? Like we can see them right? Can they see us, watching them from all around the world?" I asked, eyes flitting from star to star and then resting on the moon.

"I don't know. I'd like to think every star is a family member who passed away, looking down on you, but you never know." Ranboo said softly.

"Aye, killer. Come on inside, i heated you guys some food." My uncle said through the screen door. I nodded and paused the song as we walked inside hand in hand.

"You guys can sleep in your room together, but tell Asher i let talk boy sleep in his bed and its your ass on the line." My uncle said with a smile, kissing my forehead and walking down to his room. I pulled my airpods out of my packed bag and connected them to my phone, handing one to ranboo. Songs passed as we ate in silence, just basking in one another's presence.

This Town by Niall Horan came on and Ranboo smiled, standing from the stool he was sat on. "We never did slow dance at prom." He whispered, extending a hand to me. I took it and we slow danced, silence still reigning between us, but the whole world at our fingertips. He spun me out and pulled me back in, dipping me quickly and leaning down. He pressed his lips to mine gently before pulling away and bringing me up with him.

The song ended as quickly as it started and the music turned down when I got a text notification.

1 new message from Uncle Jimmy ⭐️

I let us finish eating before rinsing the plates and walking back out to the patio. Instead of laying on the ground, we just sat down by the pool and stared. The music still played through the airpods and I rested my head on his shoulder, trying to let the feeling of being with him sink in and become engraved.

Sometimes im thankful i did this, other times i cursed the world i ever let myself get so attached.

"You make me believe in fate again." I whispered. I felt his lips ghost the top of my head.

"You make me believe in love again." He whispered back. Silence fell once again, but i wouldnt change it. I enjoyed that we didn't have to be constantly talking or doing something, that we could just be.

"Let's go inside." I whispered just before standing up. I grabbed the blanket on the ground and walked inside behind Ranboo. I lead him to the room and laid in my bed while he laid in Asher's.

"Goodnight, Carter."

"Goodnight, Heart."

Aftee a few minutes of trying to go to sleep and failing, i pulled out my phone.

asterins_heart

tagged : ranboomcliked by izzys_beanie, quackity, pixel_, tommyinnit, and 926 othersasterins_heart i was talking with the moon last night

tagged : ranboomc
liked by izzys_beanie, quackity, pixel_, tommyinnit, and 926 others
asterins_heart i was talking with the moon last night. the moon told me something about the sun, and i told something about you. ⭐️🌙

pixel_ this is adorable shut the front door
asterins_heart actually the back door was open so :P

sea_serpent STOP WHAT OMG SO CUTE I WANT I NEED OMG
liked by asterins_heart

mars.error ah. thats the prom slow dance you missed out on
asterins_heart literally WHAT HE SAID MARS

jackmanifoldtv :O RANBOO MY MAN YOU GOT THE MOVES! I NEED THEM FOR THE LADIES, DO TEACH
asterins_heart @sea_serpent here go be in love

tommyinnit miss you guys :(
asterins_heart stop being mushy bitch
izzys_beanie i miss you guys wtf :(
asterins_heart i miss you too :,(
tommyinnit what the actual fuck stupid american woman

jimmy.heart no photo creds. wow killer. rude
asterins_heart photo creds to you ig

"Asterin, go to sleep. Off instagram." Ranboo mumbled from across the room.

"I can't, too my energy." I groaned. He sighed, getting up out of the bed and walking to mine. He laid down next to me and pulled my body into his. One arm immediately went around my wait and the other under my head, playing with my hair as he quickly fell asleep, me falling asleep behind him.

How the fuck he got me to sleep that fast, i don't know, but it worked and I was grateful.