three :)

1985 - Bowling For Soup

Alright girls, we have a lot of building to finish." Said Izzy as the corners of her mouth curved up into a smile. Everyone was playing minecraft. Me, Caroline. Izzy, and Kai.

"Let's get to it!" I yelled, looking at the clock before carrying on. "My brother's volleyball game is soon, so I have to go because it's the first game of the spring season."

"Ooo, what school is he facing?" Caroline asked. I thought about it for a momentz Who did they plau?

"Lowell High, school in San Francisco." I replied as I glanced at the clock again whilst mining cobble.

"Haven't you faced them before?" Izzy asked I nodded im response before realizing my camera was off.

"Yeah, but i didn't go. I watched it from home. I was sick."

"You're always sick nowadays, Asterin." Kai said with a laugh. Everyone else laughed because they aren't wrong, i am always sick.

As time went by, i got so totally engrossed in mining and building that i lost track of time. My bedroom door opened and a panicked frantic Asher was stood there in his uniform. I quickly muted as he started going on about how they're gonna be late if I don't hurry my ass up and how he's team captain and how this can't happen again, blah blah. Needless to say i got ready in a timely manner and hung up the phone.

We drove half an hour to the school we were playing at. Because San Francisco is an hour away, both teams made an agreement to meet halfway. I was blaring 1985 by Bowling For Soup when we had arrived. Mom Mom let me finish the song before we all walked inside.

The minute i walked in it smelled like cleaner. I didn't expect anything less of course, but it was rather strong. I i haled the smell and each time it made my nose burn and my head throb. Once we made it to the gym, however, it smelled like sweaty boy. Also, didn't expect anything less.

One boy stood out to me. He was tall, he was wearing a black and white mask, and his hair was floofy. He seemed familiar, but he was on the other team so i couldnt keep
my interest on him. I watched as my brother lead the twam into the court. I watched in fascination, knowing one day soon i'll be able to do this with my soccer team.

The game continued and as soon as one team scored, the other caught up. Finally, after a few rotations, both my brother and the guy i cant seem to stop watching are directly across the each other at net. I watched as my brothers face recoiled back in disgust. I held back the laughter as the first serve went right past his head as soon as it happened.

The game continued very very closely in points. Eventually by the end, Lowell High won by two points and as the final spike of the ball went just past my brothers head. The guy who spiked it was the one who'd caught my interest and his entire team started hugging him and yelling about their victory. Asher and ai made eye contact and he nodded his head toward the hall. He knew I hated the loudness of the ending of the matches so he'd always give me a heads up before it happened.

I told Mom Mom i was headed outside and she gave me the car keys in case i wanted in, i didnt. I turned towards Asher as I was exiting the gym and he looked at me. I held up the L and flipped him off before walking out of eye range.

There was a crowd of people who had the same idea I had. People were leaving and rushing to start cars and get their kids rounded up and it was rather overwhelming. I felt a hand wrap around my arm and tug me to a halt. It was him. It was the guy i took notice of. It's the pretty rite aid boy.

"Bold rite aid girl."

"Pretty rite aid boy, how small the world is seeing you here." I said with a smile, the people filing out and walking around us. A few moments later we were alone, looking and scanning one another. I dont know about him, but this felt like such a dream. Three times? Three times has to be fate, right?

"What the fuck are you doing with my sister?!" I heard Asher yell. oh fuck.

"Asher, nothing happened. It's fine." I said, looking at him with wide eyes. He's always been far too protective of me with guys because of our situation. My mom abandoned me, my uncle is at war, my dad is a dead beat, my grandfather sleeps and works, all i have left is him in a sense.

"He is gripping your fucking arm! You're fuckin dead, kid!" He said, moving quickly towards us. The boy dropped my arm quickly and shoved me out of the way, knowing his intentions. A few moments later, the boy is on the ground holding his jaw and Asher is walking back into the gym holding his hand.

Fuck.