11.why don't you teach me

~~~~

September goes by so quick. I don't even notice we're nearing the end of it, considering everyday is the same routine of tiring myself with arms full of homework. Nevertheless, I can't believe this month is already over.

Throughout the month, me and Sofie surprisingly get closer to Taron, Eva and the boys. It's more so, they're with us for majority of the time. On our spares, we find ourselves spending time with them. Eventually, this "friendship" continues to grow outside the recreational area.

Although it's an odd group of people, I'm grateful to have more friends. They honestly help me get out of my comfort zone. I live the same life everyday and it's about time I change something about it.

"This is her," Conrad shows me a picture of his adorable dog. It's even cuter that he has an album dedicated to them.

"You didn't tell me you have a dog," I exclaim. Conrad laughs at how offended I am but I can't stay mad because he continues to show me pictures of his Labrador.

Conrad and I have been getting along pretty well

Conrad and I have been getting along pretty well. A month ago, I thought I would suffer from the tension between him and I. It surprises me because every year's the same cycle. I don't talk and he doesn't. I act awkward and he does too. The conversations are short and straight forward. We're either in total silence or talking across the room to our friends. But this year is different. We're acting like genuine friends—something I realize after consideration and hope it'll work out on its own.

"Bonjour!" Madame Brun walks in with a half empty ice capp in one hand and a few papers in the other.

"Miss," Taron says.

"Mhmm," Madame Brun rubs her belly after emptying everything in her hands onto the desk.

"You're drinking coffee?" Taron tilts her head. Everyone grows concerned for her because of the potential effects of caffeine.

"I know," Madame snaps her head to the whole class. A huge smile on her face—someone has too much energy from the coffee.

"I'm only allowed one cup of coffee.  Since ice Capps are my life, I need it more than you think." She takes a sip out of the straw.

"Will it do anything to the baby?" Conrad asks me in a quiet voice.

I furrow my brows in thought. From articles I've read about mothers drinking coffee, they seem to be in favor for the caffeinated drinks. I'm still unsure if it's 100% safe but I still explain what I know to him.

"I think it's okay to have coffee here and there. As long as she doesn't go over board with it, then the baby will be fine." He nods.

"Great! I'm going to explain to you the group project I mentioned last week." Madame claps her hands together, catching everyone's attention.

~

"Is everything clear?" Madame asks. We nod our heads in response. The project is very simple and, in my opinion, easy to achieve—only if I'm doing it alone. Unfortunately it's a "group" project, so I have to endure having partners.