5

Oh.

Now, I'm not one to turn down dares. And after all, that's all it is: a dare.

I look over at Fred, avoiding looking at anyone else, but I can feel all of their eyes on me. Fred raises an expectant eyebrow, a smug smile on his face.

It's not like I've never kissed anyone before, and actually, most of my kisses have come from very similar scenarios to this, but I've never kissed either of the twins before. And the one that I'm about to kiss isn't the one that I wish I was about to kiss.

"Pucker up, Weasley," I say, trying to diffuse the now obvious tension.

Fred grabs my chin, and I shut my eyes as I lean in, my heart pounding from the anticipation. Our lips meet, and the kiss is surprisingly gentle, his lips soft. I pull back almost immediately, feeling my face burning and my heart still pounding.

Avoiding looking at either Fred or George, I make eye contact with Charlie, instead, wanting to shift everyone's attention to something else as soon as possible.

"Charlie, truth or dare?"

He raises an eyebrow at me, and though I can't exactly tell what he's thinking, he glances between the twins before looking back at me.

"Dare," he answers. I think for a minute before simply daring him to go climb the big tree in the backyard, as high as he can go. Charlie scoffs and starts running off towards the back, and I push myself up off the log to make sure that he completes his dare, but also mainly to escape from the growing tension that I feel between myself and the twins.

Once I reach the back, I watch as Charlie jumps up to grab one of the lower branches, pulling himself up, his muscles straining against the sleeves of his shirt as he grips the branch and pulls his legs up. I lose myself in my thoughts as I catch a glimpse of Charlie grabbing on to another branch from behind the leaves.

The kiss with Fred was short, sure, but it wasn't bad. Did Fred like it? Did I like it? Does George think that I liked it? Does George even care?

"He's not doing as bad as I thought he would."

I jump at the voice, spinning around just in time to see Bill approaching me, one hand in the pocket of his jeans, the other holding his wand out, which is lighting up a small portion of the yard. There's not that long until I'll turn seventeen myself and be able to do magic outside of school, but I'm still incredibly impatient.

"Merlin, you scared me," I admit, looking back towards the tree, hearing Bill chuckle from behind me. Charlie drops down from the first branch, landing in a low, squatting position before straightening up and pushing his fiery red hair back from his forehead. His chest rises and falls heavily, and he grins at me as he walks back towards Bill and I.

"Good enough, Clearwater?" he calls.

I exchange a look with Bill before looking back to Charlie.

"Eh, I couldn't see you well enough. I think you ought to do it again."

Charlie laughs, reaching out and shoving me playfully.

"Like hell I will," he says, still grinning and slinging an arm over my shoulder as the three of us walk back around to the front yard. He leans down, close to my ear, and whispers, "By the way, I've never seen George look so jealous. I think he wanted to knock out Fred right then and there when you two kissed."

He pulls away from my ear, taking his arm away from me, and I look up at him.

"Really?"

He smirks and nods, but doesn't say anything more as we come into view of the others, who are all laughing, presumably at something Fred says, considering he's wearing that proud smile that he usually does when he has the attention of a crowd.