19

sy: don't forget to show your appreciation by commenting, voting, and sharing. thx po, madam!

※※※※

Walking side by side with Clive, going to his house. He invited me earlier and I immediately agreed. I've never been in his house here in the Philippines. Ang napuntahan ko lang siguro, ang bahay nila sa Paris, France. Although that house is already special, their house here in the Philippines is special too. Dito daw kasi siya lumaki. When my thought suddenly brought Clive, I coughed a little bit.

I look up at him, "How's your internship?"

He looks up and held my hand tightly before directing his eyes towards me again and softly scratch the back of his neck as he nodded, "Okay, I guess. It's a long story."

"I have all the time in the world to listen to whatever you have to say," I kiss his jawline before going inside his modern and simple house. "Do you want to talk about it, though?" I turn to him, he shrugs.

"Sure, let's go inside my room first."

"Okay."

When we finally arrived in his dark but clean room, I sat on his bed and when I finally turn around and face him, what I saw made my heart melt. He was opening his arms for me to take as he took soft steps towards my direction, with his eyes glistening with unshed tears and his mouth slightly quivering.

"Baby..." I muttered. I immediately stood up and took his hug, "What's wrong?" I softly asks.

He dug his head on my neck and hug me tightly, "I'm so tired..."

"I-I'm so sorry for being like this, Iㅡ"

"Shh..." I pat his head, "It's okay, let it all out." He nodded. "I'm here." I continuingly whispered.

Doon ko lang naramdaman na bumabasa na pala ang kanang balikat ko, my heart ached sa bawat patak ng luha niya sa balikat ko. I was so busy on my own training and studying for the past exam that I only focused on myself and didn't even glance at him and make a time to ask him if he was okay or not. The worse was, I never tried to. I was foolish to think that he's alright on his own studies and anything that he's going through and now that I see him breaking down infront of me and in my embrace - makes me feel so much regret.

I shoud've been better, I should've tried harder. Without much thought, I tightened my hold on him and let out a sigh, "I'm sorry too."

"Sana chineck man lang kita kung ayos lang ba ang pakiramdam mo kahit pangangamusta lang, hindi ko man lang ginawa."

Hinigpitan niya pa ang yakap sa'kin bago umiling, "You don't have to say sorry about that, I wanted you to focus on yourself." Mahinang ani niya mula sa leeg ko.

I softly guided him on his bed and made him sit as he made me straddle him, his hug even more warmer to feel.

"It's just that," he continued. His voice cracking. "The whole studying thing was too much for me and the fact that I never grew up serving anyone was too overwhelming for me and it was hard."

"I-I..." He gulps, another tear sliding down his cheek that I quickly wiped away. "It was so hard, Ae." He breaths out, looking straight into my eyes. The hopelessness, swirling in the depth of his blue orbs.

"Continue." I urged him.

He nodded, "May papeles kasi sa'kin na pinapapasa sa head ng financial sa kumpanya nila, kaya syempre sinunod ko kaagad 'yon, pero on the way kasi pinag-isahan ako ng mga trabahador na bilhan ko daw sila ng mga kape."

I feel my blood boiling as he keeps on telling me what happened, "Sinabi ko sa kanila na hindi ko muna magagawa ang mga inuutos nila kasi may importanteng papeles akong dapat ipasa, pero dinahilan nila sa'kin na dapat sundin ko 'rin daw sila dahil sila ang mas may alam sa field. Wala akong magawa. Gusto kong pumasa eh, I did both. I passed the papers on the financial building and made their coffees."