29

sy: don't forget to show your appreciation by commenting, voting, and sharing. thx po, madam!

※※※※

"Are you okay?" Tanong ni Clive sa'kin habang pinapahiran ang mga pawis sa mukha niya. I smiled slightly and giggled, trying my best to make it look like it's not fake. "Oo naman, ano ba pinagsasabi mo?"

He chuckled, "Just asking. How was the game?"

"I should be the one to ask you that..." I tsked looking at him with disdain. "Fine, it felt good because it was all worth it." He sighs, grinning.

"Ikaw?" He asked that almost made me freeze. Sa sorbrang pag-iisip ko ng malalim sa mga sinabi sa'kin ni Penelope, hindi ko napanood ng maayos ang laro ni Clive. I don't want to dissapoint him and make him worry, he's supposed to be happy because they won.

"You owned the field!" I exclaim. "Galing mo doon, lodi." I winked at him, smiling wide. He lets out a laugh and shakes his head that almost made me melt in my spot.

After talking with him, medyo nakalimutan ko na ang sinabi ni Penelope. He was comforting and my safe place and I'm not sure if I truly picked the rightful person to be my safe place but I hope he is.

"Hatid na kita pauwi, Ae-Ae." Willem said a few meters away from us. Napalingon kami ni Clive kaagad sa kaniya.

"This bastard." Clive grumbled.

As Willem walked towards us, my eyes keeps on shifting back and forth on the both of them, not knowing what to do and say. Kung sasama ako kay Clive, magiging mas close pa kami at mapapatunayan ko na mali ang mga sinabi ng babaeng 'yon. Kung sasama nama ako kay Willem, hindi ko alam ang mangyayari pero alam kong hindi ako masasaktan kung sumama ako sa kanya kasi alam ko sa sarili ko na tama siya sa babala niya sa'kin noon.

"Let's go?" Willem asked after he finally stopped im front of me. I looked at Clive and let out a shaky breath. "Come on, Ae. We have some things to do mamaya."

"She has a strict family, Clive. Please spare her." Willem interrupted him.

"Uhmㅡ" I started but ended up being cutted off. "Tara na, Ae-Ae." Willem proclaimed as he walked away towards the parked car, which is a car that his family owns.

"Hindi ka naman talaga sasama sa kanya diba?" Clive hesitantly asks. "I'll take you home if you want."

I let out a breath even though my heart is almost making me feel breathlesa and look at him in the eyes. "Kailangan ko na talagang umuwi and you don't have to take me home, baka makita ka ni Kuya, magagalit 'yon sayo." Pagdadahilan ko.

"Okay..." He sighs. "Take care." I waved at him before making my way on where Willem went. After getting inside it, the car started. It was silent and awkward and I don't know what to say to end the defeaning silence between us. My mind drifted back to what Penelope told me again and I couldn't take it anymore, even if I don't want to admit it because of my pride.

"I'm s-sorry, Will." I started, looking outside the window, playing with my fingers. "You were right." I swallowed the lump in my throat to stop the tears from falling. I don't want him to see my cry just because of a damn stupid boy and lowering my pride to accept defeat.

I can hear him letting out a breath and suddenly, I felt him holding the side of my head and directed it towards his chest. Smelling his familiar scent calmed me that it made me breath heavily and deep, closing my eyes.

"I told you." He uttered. "Medyo mahihirapan kana next week kasi magka-klase tayo." He added.

I nodded, dugging my head in his chest and wrapping my arms around him for comfort. "I'm here though, don't worry."