Chapter 1: Puppy Dog Eyes

Luke and Julie were inseparable. Every minute they weren't doing something else, they were always together. Sometimes embraced in a warm hug, occasionally snuggling up on the couch, and sometimes just a simple little handhold. 

Luke didn't want to admit this, but sometimes he would watch Julie (of course from far away). The good thing about being a ghost was that he was invisible to everyone he didn't care about. No one could see the sheepish smile he got when Julie would answer the question her teachers asked correctly. No one would see the way he hovered over her from a safe distance, quietly observing the way Julie would do the simplest things. The way she would carry her books, the way she would laugh at Flynn's jokes, and the way she would bite her lip, just slightly, when trying to solve a math equation. He began to love those about her. Well, he just loved her. Of course, he couldn't tell her that. It was too soon.

"Luke, are you listening to me?" Julie's voice snapped him out of his thoughts and back to reality. He looked around slightly and remembered where they were. In the garage, Alex was on a chair, Reggie on the floor, and him and Julie on the couch, her head leaned up against his big broad shoulder.

"Uhh... Yeah, Jules, I'm listening."

"Then what did I just tell you?" she snapped back, sounding annoyed.

"She was telling us abo-" Reggie started.

Julie brought her hand to her neck and made a "cut it out" gesture.

Julie sighed. "Luke," she said, dragging out the u in his name letting him know she was disappointed. "How am I supposed to inform you about stuff if you won't listen to me?'

Luke looked down at his feet, he felt guilty. "I'm sorry, Julie. I was lost in thought. Tell me again please?" he said, looking at her with his most impressive puppy dog eyes.

"Well I was trying to tell you about this amazing gig I think we could line up." She began. "It's at this coffee shop that has a live music night every Wednesday. They line up bands from across the city, and lots of managers come to search for new talent."

This time Luke was listening. "That sounds awesome!" he said with a little chuckle.

Julie smiled and said, "Well I'm going up to bed. Goodnight guys!"

"Goodnight Julie!" Alex and Reggie said in unison.

"Night Jules," Luke said just a second later.

She turned and walked out of the garage and up to her bedroom.

That night, Luke could hardly sit still. His mind was racing faster than a speeding bullet. There was only one thing occupying his mind.

Julie.

She was the light of his life (or afterlife). The more he thought about her, the more his cheeks went red. When he could feel them heating up, he immediately poofed away. Leaving Alex and Reggie giving each other knowing looks. It's not the first time this has happened since they had mysteriously shown up in Julie's mom's studio.

"How long do you think until they confess to each other?" Alex said after a minute.

"I don't know, but they can't be that oblivious of the obvious, can they?" Reggie came back.

"I guess we will have to see," Alex said with a laugh.

~~~~~

Hey guys! This is my first story, so be kind. Constructive criticism is allowed! Also, I am aware that this is kinda short, but all the chapters are about this length. Be determined to stay until the end because this story will be worth it. I promise!

*Disclaimer* Alex, Reggie, and Flynn will not be in the story as much as I'd like them to be. I just can't get a grip on writing their characters.

Anyway, hope you enjoyed this first chapter.