Chapter 4: Burnt Pancakes

"I just- can I stay with you?" Luke muttered.

Luke needed to feel close to Julie. He hadn't seen her all day and it was killing him.

Julie was silent for a moment trying to determine if she had heard him say that or if it was just her imagination. Eventually, she slid over and slightly patted the spot next to her. Luke briefly smiled and went to lay next to her.

Comfortable silence filled the air. Neither of them talking and neither of them feeling the need to talk. They both just wanted to enjoy the time they had together. After a while, Luke looked over at Julie, who was now sleeping and reached out to grab her hand. Even though she was asleep, her hand still found its way to his, latching on almost for dear life. They lay like that for the rest of the night.

The next morning, Julie woke up closer to Luke than she would have consciously decided, but she wasn't disturbed by it. She almost didn't want to get up, but she could smell pancakes being made downstairs. After the worry she had last night, she had forgotten to eat, so she was starving. She slowly slid out of her bed trying not to provoke Luke. She was caught when she was halfway out of his grip, his eyes snapped open.

"What are you doing?" He asked

"Going to eat," Julie smiled as she tried to pull her hand out of his only for it to wrap tighter around hers "You go back to sleep."

Luke made a pouty face and said, "Julie, you know I don't sleep. I'm a ghost."

"Well go back to... whatever you were doing."

Julie made her way downstairs and was surprised to see Reggie and Alex both "helping" Ray make breakfast.

"Good morning," Julie said, probably a little too happily.

"Morning sweetie," Ray said, flipping a pancake at the same time.

"Good morning, Julie," Reggie said, and Alex followed shortly after.

"We thought we should help your dad make breakfast," Reggie says as a big smile spreads across his face.

"Yeah, he almost burnt it," Alex added.

Julie quietly laughed and took her place at the table.

After breakfast, Julie made her way to the garage to share some exciting news with her ghostly band.

"Remember that gig I was telling you guys about? Well, they want us to play there Wednesday night!" She exclaimed as she walked toward the couch, plopping herself next to Luke just like she always did. He instinctively laid back, allowing her to rest her head on his shoulder.

"That's awesome! Julie, you're the best!" Reggie proclaimed.

They stay like that for a while, talking about all the possibilities that are out there for them. Although they had only known each other for a short while, it always felt like they had known each other their whole lives.

That night after Julie had left the garage, Luke grabbed his notebook. He was determined to come up with a song to show Julie exactly how special she was to him. This song had to be perfect. It had to be as perfect as her.

~~~~~

Ahh! What do you guys think? Let me know by leaving a comment! Thank you for all your support, I love you all!