Chapter 9: Birthday Wishes

Hey you! Yes you! Have you followed my instagram? No? Well, you better go! jen45671_ on insta! (i'm watching you)

Okay, this chapter is kinda funny ngl. 

Enjoy!

~~~~~

Alex could tell Luke wasn't doing good, but he decided that he would check on him after the party.

Apparently, Julie had other ideas. He knew what she was doing when she excused herself from the party and asked Luke to follow her out to the garage, but now that she was gone, it was awkward.

Reggie kept talking to Ray, Flynn was talking to Carlos, and then there was Alex and Julie's aunt. He couldn't think of anything to talk about, so he just stood there awkwardly, occasionally playing with his own hands that were stuffed inside his hoodie pocket.

"So, you're from Sweden, yeah?" Julie's aunt asked, obviously trying to start a conversation.

"Um, yeah," Alex responded.

"So, what was it like there?"

"Cold," Alex simply answered. He didn't know anything about Sweden, so how was he supposed to answer her questions about it if she kept asking? He hoped Julie and Luke would come back soon.

"Did you have a lot of friends there?"

"All my friends are here with me."

"What do your parents think about you coming to the States?" She asked.

Man this lady could talk forever. "Um, they think it's a great opportunity."

Julie's aunt nodded. She was about to ask another question when Alex spoke loudly so that the entire room could hear him.

"I'm gonna go check on Luke and Julie."

Ray nodded. "Hurry, we have to do our birthday tradition before tia has to leave."

So, Alex walked out of the side door and down the stone stairs that led to the garage. He pulled open one of the doors and slipped inside before looking around the room in search of the two oblivious lovebirds. Then, he saw them. Sitting on the couch, in the middle of a passionate kiss.

He tried to clear his throat to get their attention, but that didn't seem to work so he ended up doing what he does best. A sarcastic remark.

"As much as I ship Juke, you better get back in there before Julie's aunt asks any more questions about Sweden."

They broke apart, and Alex could see Luke's red stained eyes indicating that he had been crying.

"Ok. So, are you coming back in. Julie, your dad wants to do your tradition," Alex said, deciding to ignore his pressing desire to ask what he'd been crying about.

"What's your tradition?" Luke asked, facing Julie.

"We each take a candle and blow it out, making a wish for the person who's birthday it is. My mom started doing it with us when I was 5," Julie answered.

"That's cute," Luke said, smiling at her.

"Okay, I better stop this before it goes back to where it was when I walked in. Let's go," Alex interjected, walking over and pulling Julie up from the couch.

He led them back to the house, and he didn't miss the way Ray gave Luke a confused look when he saw his red and puffy eyes.

"Okay, so we're going to do our tradition now," Ray announced, grabbing a box of candles from behind him. "I'm going to explain it for our new people. So, what we do is grab a candle, light it, and make a wish for Julie. Any questions?"

Alex knew it was rhetorical and he really didn't expect questions, but he apparently underestimated Reggie.

"Do we say it out loud?" Reggie asked.

"No, just keep it in your head," Ray answered.

So, everyone grabbed a candle and one by one, they lit it, made a wish, and blew it out. When it was Alex's turn, he couldn't quite decide what to wish for her, so he decided for something general and one that would hopefully come true.

For her to have a happy and good year.

~~~~~

What did you think? Let me know in the comments!

Don't forget to vote! 

See you soon! :)