Chapter 12: The Perfect Song

Hello again! I'm sorry for the joke in the last chapter, but idk what else to change it to so it's gonna stay.

Again, the song Luke is singing isn't mine. It's called Crazy For U by Big Time Rush.

Enjoy!

~~~~~

During band practice, Luke and Julie were back to their "normal" selves. Except, Luke had plans. He was finally going to show Julie his perfect song. He truly believed that it would be the perfect song for her. So, once they were done practicing, Luke had shooed Alex and Reggie away.

"Get outta here for a minute. I gotta show Julie something," He pleaded for them to leave.

Alex and Reggie gave each other knowing looks before poofing out. They didn't go far though, just outside of the garage. They had to hear the "tea" as Willie calls it.

"So, Jules," Luke started to say as he walked over to her sitting at the piano. On his way there, he casually reached out and picked his guitar off of the stand. "I want to show you this song I was working on."

"Did you write a song without me?" Julie said in a sarcastically jealous voice.

"Well yeah, it's about- well just listen."

He scratched the back of his neck before playing the first bit of the song.

A pony-tail and a pair of sweats

You still look like a perfect 10

Baby, you can wear anything

Luke scanned her face as he sang trying to figure out what her thought process was. He hoped he wasn't coming on too strong, but he just had to know her feelings.

No matter what you do

You look beautiful

How else can I say it?

Feel like a broken record

You think I'm crazy and it's true

It was now or never for Luke. The best part in the song was coming up and he was feeling nervous but ready.

I'm crazy for you

Julie's eyes lit up as he sang that. She sure wasn't expecting him to say that. A smile grew across her face. Julie sat there with a look on her face which she hoped didn't look as dumb as she felt it did.

Yeah, that's right, I said it

Girl, you're my perfect 10, yeah

You think I'm crazy and it's true

I'm crazy for you

Luke did it. He sang the song he's been working on now for weeks. Sure, it took some getting into trouble, but what part of his life (or afterlife) didn't? Now the girl he loved was sitting there smiling up at him with those sparkling eyes that made his knees weak. How could such a small thing make him feel so powerless over himself? Luke didn't care. This was the best he felt in a long time.

"That was beautiful, Luke," Julie said, the smile on her face not getting any smaller.

"Yeah?"

"Yeah."

Comfortable silence now accompanied them as they stared into each other's eyes. From the outside, Reggie and Alex were looking at each other like they had just accomplished a goal.

"He didn't tell us he was writing her a song," Reggie said, apparently not as quiet as he should have been because Alex was quickly bringing a finger to his lips shushing him.

"Be quiet," Alex whispered, "I'm trying to hear what they're saying in there."

As the boys tuned back in, they heard something they hadn't expected.

~~~~~

What did they hear? Go ahead and guess in the comments!

As always, constructive criticism is appreciated!