Chapter 7: Happy Couples

I started my spring break at school so updates will be more regular. I'm hoping to have the rest of this story out in the next couple weeks. If I remember every day and don't get busy, there should be a new chapter available every day. Enjoy!

~~~~~

As Julie stormed out of her room and down the stairs, she realized what she had said was kinda rude. Begrudgingly, she walked back up the stairs to apologize only to open her door to an empty room.

Her box was still sitting open on her bed, so Julie made her way to it. There was one song in particular that Luke couldn't see. She was nowhere near ready to tell him who it was about. All Julie could do was hope Luke didn't get far enough into her box to find that song. She had buried it for a reason. As Julie pulled the song out, she lost herself in thought and daydreamt of a life where she and Luke could actually be together.

Julie hoped with all her might that she would be able to show this special song to Luke one day. Today was just not that day, but she still had to apologize, so she went out to the garage in search of him. Julie got a sense of deja vu when she found that he had disappeared once again. Only this time instead of sitting on the couch awaiting his return, she went to the park where he had gone to clear his head last time. When she found that he wasn't there, Julie found herself slumped into a swing thinking deeply about what she had said and how she could've handled her anger differently. She was still mad at him despite her best efforts of boundary talks, he was still snooping in her dream box. Although this was true, she couldn't help but feel a wave of guilt wash over her.

Julie wanted Luke to be real.

She wanted him to wrap her in his arms and hold her until daylight.

Meanwhile, Luke was wandering the streets of Paris. He didn't know where to go, and apparently, this is the first place he thought of. He wanted to clear his head in a place where no one knew him, but seeing all the happy couples around really didn't help his situation. He wanted to be like that with Julie. Luke wanted to be real to Julie. He sat down on a bench and observed the world. In front of him, there were two people hand in hand walking along the streets. Just to the left of him was a small cafe with outdoor seating, another happy couple laughing as they talked about their future together. Julie was the one thing on his mind. She was the one thing he loved (other than music). She was perfect for him, and he was perfect for her.

Oh, how he wished he could wrap his arms around her and hold her until the sun came up.

~~~~~

This wasn't a long chapter, but I hope you still enjoyed! Later chapters will be longer, and my writing gets a lot better. (I've written this whole story already on a google doc) As always, constructive criticism is appreciated!