Chapter 9: Freakish Looks

I'm doing pretty good at this once a day updating! Thanks for your support!

~~~~~

"Tell anyone what?"

Alex turned around as slow as he could to find Reggie standing in the garage doorway. He let out a long sigh.

"Reg, you scared me." He said, relieved to see poor, sweet, Reggie instead of Luke.

"Well, what can't you tell anyone?"

Julie's cheeks went a very bright shade of red. She looked around the garage at nobody, wanting someone else to answer. After what seemed like forever, she heard the voice next to her answer for her.

"It's nothing," Alex finally said.

Reggie shrugged and went to sit on the couch, not even questioning Julie's new hoodie that she seemed to drown in.

"Well- um- I'm gonna go... mop the roof," Julie said, still red in the face. She walked away as fast as she could.

Alex took a spot next to his friend on the couch before Reggie decided to speak.

"Okay, what was that about, dude?"

"Mmm.. nothing. Just know that what we talked about last week is happening. At least one side of it." Alex answered.

Reggie looked around the garage. He sported a very confused look. After a quick minute, his face lit up, and he mouthed "Oh!"

Obviously, Julie wasn't going to mop the roof, but she had to get out of there. She wasn't going to risk Reggie finding out. He couldn't keep a secret for the life of him. Julie went straight up to her room and curled herself up in Luke's hoodie. Taking in his masculine scent, she was soon asleep at almost midnight.

Luke had done it! He had finished his perfect song for Julie, and he couldn't wait to show her. But first, he had to go back home. He missed seeing that beautiful face of hers. Except, he forgot about timezones. It was midnight back home, and there was no way Julie wasn't asleep.

As soon as he poofed into the garage, he was met with freakish looks from both of his best ghostly friends.

"Whatcha lookin at?" Luke said nervously.

"Nothin," both of his bandmates said at the exact same time, in the exact same tone.

"Uh... okay?"

"Where ya been?" Alex asked.

"A little bit of everywhere, I guess," Luke started. "Did Julie come out here at all?"

"Yeah, she went to bed a while ago," Alex explained.

"Oh," Luke responded, looking down at his song journal which lay in his right hand. "I'll be back... again."

He poofed out of the garage, and found himself outside of Julie's room. Luke walked in, trying to be as quiet as he could. There she was. Julie was curled up on her bed with sweatpants and a hoodie.

Wait... that's my hoodie. Luke thought. Where did she get that? How did she find it?

Without a second thought, he made his way over to her bed and sat down on the edge, right next to her. He felt Julie move just a little as he did so, but she quickly went back to her dream state. Looking at her sleep made him tired, even if he didn't technically sleep. So, Luke lay down right next to her, careful not to touch her. He closed his eyes and pretended to sleep, just as he had done once before.

"Goodnight, Julie," he softly whispered. He didn't expect an answer, but when one came he was happier than could be.

"Goodnight, Luke."

~~~~~

Hehe I loved this part :)Let me know yall's thoughts in the comments below. As always, constructive criticism is appreciated!