Chapter 10: Love

Your comments kill me! It makes me so happy, so thank you! Yes, I'm gonna brag again. I'm doing so good at updating every day! Okay, I'll let you enjoy this funny chapter now.

~~~~~

"Julie! Wake up!" A distant voice was now breaking into Julie's sleep.

Her eyes snapped open to see her brother, Carlos, shaking her vigorously.

"Did you forget to set your alarm? You're going to be late for school!" Those were his final words before walking out of her room, slamming the door in the process. Through the walls, she could hear her dad scolding Carlos for slamming the door.

As Julie started to get out of bed, she was startled by the arm around her waist that she had not remembered being there when she had fallen asleep the night before.

"Luke? What are you doing here?" She asked.

This time, his eyes were the ones that snapped open. He shrugged and stood up.

"Your brother is loud," Luke said, glancing at the door that had been slammed just moments earlier.

Julie rolled her eyes. Of course, she wasn't going to get an answer out of him.

"That's what it's like to have siblings. Get out so I can get ready for school, please."

"You love me," Luke said confidently before a shocked look appeared on his face. He didn't mean to say that out loud.

Without thinking, Julie answered, "Unfortunately yes." Then a shocked look appeared on her face. She didn't mean to say that out loud.

From both of their faces arose a bright red color.

"I- I better go," Luke stuttered as he flashed out.

Internally, Julie was screaming. Externally, she was the most red she had ever been. Looking down, she realized that she was still wearing his hoodie. Quickly, she took it off and threw on some clothes before rushing downstairs to grab a quick breakfast. Banana in hand, she clasped her backpack, threw it over her shoulder, and ran out the door. Julie didn't have time to contemplate what she had just admitted to Luke. Her dad made it very clear once before, school comes first.

Did she really just say that? Did she mean it? Maybe today should be the day that I show her my song. Luke's thoughts raced through his mind faster than he could even comprehend. His face was still red, and he was pacing back and forth across the garage with his best friends' eyes following his every step.

"Are you okay?" Alex's concerned voice broke through.

"Julie just-" Luke started to tell his friends, but something urged him to stop. He shrugged before answering. "Nevermind."

"Uh... okay," Alex said as a confused look grew on his face.

Julie's cheeks still held their rose color as she walked into the school building. She was so lost in her thoughts that she didn't even hear Flynn ask her about her weekend or Nick say "Hey, Julie" in the casually flirty voice that sometimes makes her feel a little uncomfortable. She heard nothing other than her own thoughts. Until she felt hands on her shoulders with a violent shaking was awakening her mind and body.

Flynn was shaking her so vigorously that it was actually making Julie a little dizzy.

"What?!" Julie exclaimed, a little louder than she would have usually done.

"Jules! I've been trying to get your attention for the past 5 minutes!" Flynn came back. "Are you okay?"

"I might've accidentally told Luke that I love him this morning."

Flynn's expression changed faster than the blink of an eye.

~~~~~

Any guesses about Flynn's reaction?

Also! I became aware that this is #2 in Juke and honestly I couldn't be happier! (If I'm being honest, I started crying, but we don't need to talk about that). I'm so glad you guys are enjoying this story as much as I have been enjoying writing it! So, thank you again. I'll go cry now :')