Chapter 15: Potential Father-in-Law

Heyy I almost forgot to post today ahah. Actually that's a lie, I took a nap for so long that it got late. Anyways, here's for chapter for today :)

Enjoy!

~~~~~

Julie was scared.

She had unwillingly sung a song for the guests in the club, but nothing had happened. No ghostly magic, no boys poofing to her side, no microphone sharing while they had the crowd eating out of their hands.

Julie could tell that Caleb was angry because he was screaming at one of his (employees?), knocking some of the white clothed tables down in the process.

She hoped that she would find a way to escape, but that seemed impossible considering she didn't even know where she was.

"You!" Caleb hissed, pointing a finger at Julie. It seemed to burn through her clothes. "You were that magic at the Orpheum. You are what I need. Not them! I thought they were powerful but it's you!"

Julie could feel tears stinging her eyes. She hardly knew what he meant.

Caleb reached forward in an attempt to grab her, but she backed away. He tried again, but failed due to Julie's quick reflexes. He made one last attempt, but this time Julie wasn't so lucky. Instead of just leaning forward, Caleb actually poofed beside her and was able to grab her that way.

Just then, she caught a glimpse of someone she felt like she should know.

You ever have that? You see someone and feel like you should know them.

That's how she felt with this person.

He had long hair, a t-shirt, and shorts. A helmet in one hand and a skateboard in the other. Julie thought hard about who that could be, looking at her like he wanted to help her. She couldn't think straight because the ghost behind her seemed to be sucking the life out of her. Her head felt heavy and her vision started to spin.

Her last thought was figuring out exactly who had been staring at her.

Willie.

---

Luke kept glancing at Alex. He knew they had to go find Julie, but Ray was now watching them like a hawk since they had come back on the police's chain.

He didn't know what else to do because he couldn't exactly tell Ray where they had been, what they were doing, or why they needed to go back.

So, Luke enlisted the help of Carlos and Flynn. While they distracted him, the other three would sneak out the door.

It worked! They were now racing down the driveway, and Luke wished he could once again poof to avoid getting caught again.

Luke turned his head to check if his friends were behind him, but when he had turned back around, there was a certain dad standing with his arms folded in front of them, forcing them to stop their run.

"Are you going to get arrested?" He asked.

"Uh, no. I don't think so," Luke answered.

"May I know what you're doing?"

Luke sighed. There was only so much hiding he could do. He had to have his (hopefully) future father-in-law like him.

"We're trying to save Julie."

Ray's eyes widened. He surely hadn't been expecting him to say that.

"We know where she is, but it's dangerous," Luke finished. He could feel the tension of the conversation and his friends stiffen behind him. Luke needed somewhere to channel his energy, but there was nothing to do, so he just fiddled with his hands.

"Well, if it's dangerous, then I should go. I can't have you kids getting hurt or anything worse."

Luke almost laughed because he was pretty sure the "or worse" meant death and they had already faced that before. Multiple times if you count almost dying when they were already dead.

"No, you should keep Carlos and Flynn safe. Everything will be fine," Luke answered.

Ray sighed and nodded before stepping out of the boys' way. "Good luck. Be careful."

Luke nodded to him before taking off again down the sidewalk. Now, they just had to figure out how to get into the Hollywood Ghost Club.

~~~~~

What did you think of this chapter? Let me know in the comments!

See yall TOMORROW!