Chapter 3: An Empty Swing

When Julie finished her chores, she quickly ran out to the garage to practice with the guys. When she got there though, someone was missing. Someone very important was missing. The one she couldn't stop thinking about was nowhere to be seen. She had even started singing Perfect Harmony because she couldn't get him out of her mind.

"Uh... where's Luke?" She asked Alex and Reggie.

"He poofed out of here about an hour or so ago. We assumed he went to help you with your chores," Alex said.

"I never saw him."

She looked over at Reggie who was sporting a very confused look. Julie didn't want to think about the trouble he could get into, but where would he go that he wouldn't tell his friends? She was worried about him, to say the least. Instead of worrying herself further, they started to practice without Luke, hoping he would show up sooner or later.

Only, he didn't. He never showed up. Now Julie was really starting to worry, Alex and Reggie too. She was pacing the garage floor, practicing her "runway walk" as Luke and Reggie liked to call it. What could have happened to him? Julie just wanted to curl up in Luke's big arms and let him hold her until she felt safe.

Alex and Reggie decided to step in before Julie's pacing made Alex even more anxious. They each put an arm around her shoulder and led her over to the couch. They all sat down and Alex helped her breathe deeply and slowly. He was always good at calming her down, no matter what it was.

Meanwhile at the park, Luke was sitting on a swing, slowly rocking back and forth. From the outside, it looked like an empty swing was moving on its own with no wind present. He hadn't realized that he had been there all day. Lost deep in his thoughts about Julie. The girl he loved, even when she was just wearing a ponytail and a pair of sweats. He loved her for who she was, and who she'll ever be. Not that it mattered though, I mean, how could a ghost and a human be in a relationship anyway? It's better if they were just friends... right?

When Luke finally realized what time it was and how long he had been away for, he poofed back into the studio where Alex, Julie, and Reggie were sitting on the couch waiting for him.

"Where have you been?" Julie snapped at once with worry in her voice.

"I-I guess I just lost track of time. I was at the park down the road," Luke said, feeling a little guilty for a reason he didn't even know yet. "What are you guys doing here looking all worried and stuff?"

Nobody said anything. It was silent until Julie swiftly stood up and stared him down for a second before running into his arms exclaiming, "You're safe!"

Luke chuckled a bit not wanting to let go. "Of course I'm safe. What do you mean?"

"Nothing," Julie said, pulling away.

Luke didn't want to let go of the girl he had so desperately wanted to hold all day, but he knew he had to. "What was that for?" He soon asked.

"Nothing," she said again, this time with a little rose coloring in her cheeks.

"That's your word for tonight, huh?" Luke said, giving a little sheepish smile.

"You guys know we're still in the room, right?" Alex broke in.

Luke jumped a little and glanced over at Julie who looked a little flustered.

"Well now that I know you're safe, I guess I'll go to bed. Goodnight guys," Julie said finally.

"Goodnight Julie," The three guys said in unison.

Julie walked out of the garage, into her house, and up the stairs before face-planting on her bed. She was tired from the day that was now over. Suddenly, she heard a little poof sound, barely noticeable. Julie looked around to see the ghost who had occupied her mind a lot recently.

Luke.

"Why are you here?" Julie said in a tired voice.

"I just- can I stay with you?" Luke muttered.

~~~~~

I'm so excited for you guys to read what happens next! It will probably be a few days just to add suspense, but you guys will forgive me, right?