Chapter 11: Surveillance Cameras

Hey! It's Thursday and I'm posting a new chapter? What's going on?

Well if you followed my instagram (jen45671_) then you'd know that I was posting today because im going to be busy tomorrow. (I'm going to prom tomorrow!!) Anyways sorry the last chapter ended on a cliffhanger but I had to get the ball rolling.

Enjoy!

~~~~~

Alex couldn't take it anymore. He tried to hide his anxious thoughts, but they were now pushing him over the edge. Suffocating him, swallowing him whole.

There was so much change happening to him. First they die, then become ghosts, then they can be seen whenever they play with Julie, then they get caught up in evil ghost magic and almost disappear only to be saved by Julie at the last minute, things were okayish for a while until one of his best friends crossed over. Then, they randomly became humans. This is more than big freaking change. It was huge, big freaking change.

His first thought after randomly becoming a human was Willie. Would he still be able to see him? Is he okay? What would happen to their questionable relationship?

He was struggling with those thoughts that he hadn't shared with anyone yet before Julie disappeared.

Now he had one more thing to worry about.

Julie had been a part of his chosen family since they had poofed into her garage, and he couldn't just not worry about her. He didn't worry as much as Luke, though.

"We shouldn't have let her answer the door," Luke practically yelled, freaking out more than Alex had ever seen him.

"Dude, Julie is 17, not 8," Alex commented.

Ray came from around the corner, hanging up the phone as he came to a stop. "I just got off the phone with the police, they will be here soon to help me file a missing person's report."

Luke nodded as Alex got lost in thoughts again.

It brought him back to 1995, seeing missing posters of his best friend around. Of course, he knew where his best friend was then, but now he doesn't even know where Julie is.

"Dad, the cameras," Carlos suggested.

Neither Alex nor Luke knew what that meant, but apparently they had porch cameras that recorded every encounter at the door.

Ray went on his computer to see the recording, and Reggie stood right behind him.

"I didn't see her in the garage," Reggie said. They had already known she wasn't in the garage, but the redness in Reggie's eyes told him exactly where he had been.

So, lot's of crying lately. See, Alex wasn't the emotional one.

"Okay, here it is," Ray started. Everyone gathered around the computer to watch what happened, but there was nothing there. Julie opened the door and just vanished.

"That's weird," Ray said.

Just then, another knock was at the door. Everyone looked, not wanting to answer for fear of what happened to Julie to happen to them. They didn't have to wait long, though. Soon, Flynn was bursting through the door.

"Where's Julie?" She asked forcefully.

Everybody stared at the ground.

Flynn looked at her phone and started typing on it. Seconds later, Julie's phone rang on the kitchen table. Alex watched as Flynn walked towards it, picked it up, and then finally looked at the group standing in the living room around Ray's computer.

"Where's Julie?" Flynn asked again.

"She's gone," Reggie answered as he started crying.

"Gone?"

"Like disappeared, gone," Ray clarified.

"How can she just disappear?" Flynn asked.

Just then, Alex had an idea. Wide eyed, he turned to face Luke. Apparently he had the same Idea.

~~~~~

Luke had an idea? What a world we live in.

I know I said sorry for the last cliffhanger but I never said I wouldn't do it again. What do you think their idea was?

See you next week! :)