Chapter 1: Long Stories

Welcome to the start of Perfect Pt. 2!

Hope you guys enjoy this story!

Ngl I've been hating my writing lately, but my beautiful and amazing cousin told me she loved it so...

Enjoy!

~~~~~

"Luke?"

Julie heard the couch behind her shift. That indicated that Alex and Reggie had gotten up, and were most likely headed this way.

The boy in front of her locked eyes with Julie. He chuckled softly and said, "Julie, I- I'm back."

Tears escaped Julie's eyes. They were uncontrollable, but she didn't let it stop her from talking to him.

"What do you mean you're back? You... You disappeared in front of me. I... I lost you."

"Julie, who was at the- When did your band get here? Why are you crying?" A voice that could only be her father's spoke from behind her.

"Wait? You can see us?" Reggie asked her dad.

"Of course I can see you. What kind of question is that?"

Alex punched Reggie in the side.

"Dude! What was that for? I was just asking if he could see us since just a minute ago we were-"

Alex nudged his side again.

"Shut up," Alex said.

It was quiet for a moment, the only sound being Julie's heavy breaths as she tried to stop crying.

"Are you just gonna leave the door open with that guy about there or are you going to let him in? Also I'm still waiting to find out why you were crying," Julie's dad broke the silence.

Julie jerked her head, motioning for Luke to come inside before she closed the door.

It was unbearably silent. Nobody dared to say anything until they had answers for themselves.

"Well... Why didn't you tell me your band was coming here?" Julie's dad broke the silence yet again.

"I didn't know they were coming,'' Julie shrugged. That wasn't a total lie. She hadn't known Luke was coming, and she hadn't known that Reggie and Alex were going to be visible to anyone other than her.

Her dad nodded. "Well, boys, I don't recall ever finding out your names. I'm Ray," he said, reaching out a hand for the boys to shake.

"Luke."

"Alex, Sir."

"I'm Reggie!" He was practically bouncing up and down like a puppy.

"Nice to meet you boys," Ray said, after shaking each of their hands. "What brings you here? How long are you in the states for?"

"Um..." Luke started.

"We figured we better meet Julie in person after the amazing performance at the Orpheum. It took us a little bit to come, but we're super excited now that we're here," Alex finished for him, completely avoiding the second question.

Julie's father seemed to want to question that, but Julie was quick on her feet.

"Dad! I better go show them the garage since they've only seen it online," She led them out to the garage, pretending longer than she should have that they were regular people and not supernatural beings who now seemed to even be questionably that.

"What is going on?" She asked once they had reached a place beyond earshot of her family or any unexpected eavesdroppers.

"I don't know, but it's definitely freaking me out," Alex started. "Is it freaking you out?" He directed the question towards everybody.

"It's freaking me out," Julie answered.

"Ray can see me now! How cool is that?" Reggie said, obviously focusing on different details.

"Everybody chill out," Luke answered. "I got this."

"You got what? Also how are you even here right now? I thought you crossed over," Alex started rambling, only to be cut off by Luke putting his hand up.

"Alex, buddy, relax. It was me who made you all alive again," He said with a cocky smile that somehow seemed to warm Julie's heart. "I crossed over, yes, and you know what was on the other side? This awesome angel, or maybe he was something else. I don't know, but he asked me if I thought I had completed my unfinished business."

"You did, didn't you? I mean, I know we thought it was something we had to do together, but maybe it was different. But then why would we all come back together like our souls were attached to each other? Why are we all connected to music the same way? Why are we-"

"Alex!" Luke half-yelled. "I haven't finished telling my story yet."

"Sorry."

"So anyway, the guy asked me if I thought I had completed my unfinished business, and I told him about what you were just rambling about. I told him that I didn't know why I had crossed over right then," He glanced at Julie and met her eyes. "I told him I still had stuff to do here. People to know and be with."

"Aw, dude! I knew you really loved hanging with me!" Reggie exclaimed, pulling Luke in for a hug which caused him to break eye contact with Julie.

"Reggie, you're gonna need to let go of him. I want to hear the rest of this," Julie interjected, and Reggie did. "What happened next, Luke?"

"Well... there were a couple options for me because apparently I had been a really well behaved ghost... for the most part. I mentioned that it was you, Julie, who had helped me be a better person."

"Okay, we get it. You guys love each other. What's the real end to this story and the reason why we're all visible right now?" Alex asked, his anxious voice now sounding a little annoyed. "This story is taking longer than it does for me to stop worrying about everything."

"Wait, but I thought you never stop worrying about," Reggie started, his thinking face seeming to go into overdrive. "Oh!" He finally exclaimed.

Luke cleared his throat. "So I could either stay in heaven or wherever it was, or I could come back as a human and help you guys. Obviously you know which one I chose, and now my best buddies get to be alive again too!" Luke finally said, finishing his story and wrapping an arm around each of his newly human friends, and staring right into Julie's eyes with his signature affection expression.

~~~~~

What do you think so far? Let me know! Thanks for your continued support on this story!

Love y'all. See you soon!