Chapter 8: A Hoodie

Look at that! 3 days in a row! Thanks for all your comments, they really brighten my day!

~~~~~

Julie couldn't stop thinking about him. She headed home, down the path, and to the garage, checking to make sure no one was there before climbing up to the loft. She rummaged through the bags until she found one that she hoped she could identify as Luke's. Of course his was a garbage bag. Julie was screaming at herself on the inside. She was sure that this broke every boundary rule she had set in place, but Luke broke those too. Doesn't that make them even now?

Carefully taking out each piece of clothing, Julie could tell this is Luke's bag. It had old band t-shirts with the sleeves cut off, and some of his infamous jackets that she loved so much. She pulled out a suspicious hoodie that she had never seen him wear before. It was a plain black hoodie. Without a second thought, she slipped it on her body. It was way over-sized and not what she would usually wear, but it smelled like him.

"What are you doing?"

A voice behind Julie made her freeze in her tracks. This voice was familiar, and she knew exactly who it was. Slowly, she turned to face him.

"Hey, Alex. I- I'm not doing anything. What are you doing?" She quickly said, trying to avoid answering as many questions as she could.

"Why do you have Luke's hoodie on?"

Okay, Julie should've expected more questions from Alex, but she tried. She made her way down the ladder and on the ground, facing him. Julie sighed before she spoke.

"Okay, can I tell you something?"

"Uh, duh!" Alex said, trying to hold in his excitement from what he knew Julie was about to tell him.

"I maybe sorta kinda like Luke," Julie muttered as fast as she could.

Alex breathed a sigh of relief. "Finally!" He exclaimed.

Julie shot him a confused look.

"I mean, come on Julie! We all see the way you look at each other! The only people who don't see it are you two!"

As Alex was explaining just how obvious it was, Julie was recalling everything that had happened since the night at the Orpheum. Every time they would look into each other's eyes, seeming to be the only ones in the room. She remembered every time they would sit on the couch and her head would naturally rest on his shoulder. The way she swore she could see him out of the corner of her eye at school, but she always told herself it was all her imagination.

Was all of this really true? She thought.

"Alex, does he like me too?" Julie finally gathered her courage to ask after all her thoughts had passed through her brain.

"Well- okay, so here's the thing. He hasn't exactly told anyone, but I can tell!" Alex answered.

"Okay well, you can't tell anyone what I told you."

Alex nodded before a voice came from behind him.

"Tell anyone what?"

~~~~~

Who is there now? Let me know your thoughts in the comments!