Chapter 6: Dream Box

Hi everyone! In this chapter, we get a glimpse of the song Luke is writing for Julie. I didn't write it, the song is Crazy For U by Big Time Rush. If you know that song, give yourself a high-five from me. Enjoy!

~~~~~

The next day, things went back to normal. With Julie off to school and the other guys doing-- whatever they're doing, Luke decided to try and write that song for Julie again. He didn't have much. I mean, how much could you have when you're trying to write the perfect song? Luke read back what he had.

A pony-tail and a pair of sweats

You still look like a perfect 10

Baby, you can wear anything

No matter what you do

You look beautiful

"Is that good enough for Julie? Is this the perfect song?" Luke found himself thinking out loud. He began to write more but kept losing his focus.

He knew one sure way to write a song about Julie.

Luke poofed to her room. He sat there, smelling her scent still in the air, vanilla with a little bit of coconut. He had begun to love that scent. Although this helped him focus on writing the song at hand, he still couldn't get a different one out of his mind.

The one Julie was singing during her chores just last week.

He wondered if she wrote it down and put it in her dream box. He doesn't remember when he got up, but suddenly he was standing with his arms reached out grabbing her dream box. "Boundaries!" He could hear Julie yelling at him in the back of his mind, but he couldn't stop inching forward towards the box. "That's off-limits." There her voice was again, just like the first time he found out about the beautiful white box with colorful flowers drawn on it.

"Luke! What have I told you about getting in my dream box?"

Luke could hear her voice a lot clearer now. He glanced over to her bedroom door and saw Julie standing there staring at him with an angry look on her face.

"I- Uh-," Luke was super embarrassed that he'd been caught. "I wasn't looking in your box, Julie."

"Mm-hmm. Why is the box open and in your hands?" Julie said, the angry look becoming worse as this went on.

"I was- Uh- I was just putting it back on the shelf because it fell off. Yeah, that's it," He said, trying to convince himself of the lie more than her.

Julie groaned. "Next time you touch my stuff I'm going to- Well, I don't know what I'm going to do, but you'll regret ever coming into my life!" She stormed off as she said the last syllable.

An overwhelming sense of sadness and guilt washed over Luke as he quickly flashed out of Julie's room, and even out of her neighborhood. This would be the second time Luke disappeared without telling anyone just in the past week.

~~~~~

Oops. Maybe I should hide now. Any guesses in the comments as to where Luke went? As always, Constructive criticism is appreciated!