Chapter 6: Friendzoned

Hey everyone! Welcome back to Perfect Pt. 2!

If you want sneak peaks of my work, follow my instagram! @/jen45671_

Enjoy!

~~~~~

Julie was struggling.

As much as she loved having Luke back and the boys alive, there were a few problems. First is the obvious that the boys are alive. The second is Luke. Well, not Luke specifically, but her relationship with Luke.

Had it changed in the month he was gone? What if he didn't feel the same as he did when he was a ghost? She shouldn't be focusing on these details, but it was hard when she felt such a strong connection with him. So, she told herself that she'd let him tell her first so that it wouldn't be awkward if Julie brought it up. She was telling this to Alex, and he didn't seem impressed.

"So, you're going to go back to where you started?" He asked her.

"No. Yes? I don't know," Julie confessed.

"Julie, just tell him how you feel. Don't put it off like last time. I know you spent a month of your life getting over him and telling yourself to move on, but he's back now. He's within your grasp, so don't let him go. Not this time."

"When did you get so wise, Alex?" Julie asked.

"I've always been wise. You just haven't noticed until now apparently," He responded and leaned to bump his shoulder to hers.

---

Luke was struggling.

He was stupid enough to think that just jumping back into Julie's life was going to be okay. That they could just go back to how they were when he was crossing over. But now it's been a month for her and he's worried.

Had she gotten over him? Did she find someone better? Maybe someone who'd not disappear the first time you kiss them. Maybe it was Nick. Flynn had said that she was worried about him. And lately, she seemed to be avoiding him and he didn't like it.

"Dude, just talk to her," Reggie's voice snapped him out of his eternally spiraling thoughts.

"What?" He questioned.

"You're worried about Julie, just talk to her."

"How'd you know I was worried about Julie?"

"You've been talking to yourself for the past 20 minutes about it," Reggie answered. "You didn't even eat your sandwich.

Luke sat up straighter, and looked at the counter only to find nothing there. "Where is my sandwich?"

"Uh... I definitely didn't eat it, that's for sure," Reggie said, looking anywhere but Luke.

Luke sighed, but got up from the table they were sitting at and started for the door.

"Wait up!" He heard Reggie behind him.

Luke didn't stop, but he slowed down the slightest amount.

On the way home, Luke thought about the best thing to say to Julie once he got back to her house. He eventually decided it would be best to not comment on his worry about their relationship and just share his good news.

When he stepped into the garage, he gave some good news.

"I got a job!" He exclaimed, looking between Julie and Alex who were sitting very close on the couch.

Luke knew he shouldn't be jealous of his gay best friend, but when it came to Julie, he really couldn't help it. Luke shook it off and let himself be congratulated by Julie who was standing up from the couch and making her way over to him.

"Congrats, Luke! Where is it at?"

"Uh, the sandwich shop down that way," he said, pointing in a direction that he wasn't even sure was the right one.

"Good job. I'm proud of you."

Normally, Luke would have melted to the floor with those words, but it was hard to concentrate on her words when she gave him a side hug.

A side hug!

That's something you do to someone you want to put in the friendzone, not someone you've felt an undeniable connection with since the day you first met. Not someone you've written a love song about.

~~~~~

What's your thoughts? Let me know!

Don't forget to vote and comment!

See you soon!