Chapter 2: Chores

Julie had her work cut out for her the next day. She wanted to write with Luke and practice with the guys, but there was only one thing stopping her from doing that. One thing that she dreaded every Saturday.

Chores.

Only, on this particular Saturday, she had more chores than she had bargained for. Carlos had a ball game across town, and that meant Julie got more work than normal. 

She was having a hard time focusing on the chores, though. Something was occupying her mind. Well, not something... someone. Someone with big Hazel eyes that sparkled under just the right light. Those same eyes glistened when he was talking about music. Someone with big shoulders that she didn't mind leaning on every once in a while. Someone who she felt she could tell anything to, even though she had only known him for a little while. Someone whom she loved. Of course, she couldn't tell him any of this. Who knows how he felt? How could a ghost and a human be in a relationship anyway? She turned on some music to help drown out her thoughts and hopefully finish her chores faster.

Back in the garage, Luke, Alex, and Reggie were patiently waiting for Julie to finish her chores. She had specifically requested that they do not help her with them because she likes the satisfaction of doing them all by herself. Oh, and there were "boundaries." Something he heard Julie say more than he could count.

"Man, how long does it take to do some dishes?" Luke asked impatiently.

"It's probably more than just dishes, bro," Alex answered.

"Yeah, she probably has to, like, mop the roof or something," Reggie said, jokingly.

Luke groaned. He couldn't spend so much time away from Julie. Whether he would like to admit that to anyone or not. He decided he would break the rules (again). He stood up fast and immediately poofed out.

"Two worlds collide when I'm with you," he heard a familiar voice sing.

Luke stopped. He knew it was Julie singing, he just didn't know what song it was. He had never heard it, and it most definitely wasn't one she had shown him before. He continued to listen as he watched the girl, who quickly became his favorite girl, sweep the floor.

"Our voices rise and soar so high"

Is this a song Julie wrote? It sounds so... romantic. I wonder who it's about. He thought.

"We come to life when we're in perfect harmony"

This sounds... personal. Luke poofed out. Where could he go? Luke definitely couldn't go back to the garage, so he went to the nearest park. He had to clear his mind from all the thoughts racing through it.

Why wouldn't Julie tell him about a song she wrote? More importantly, who could she have written it about? Surely not Nick... right?

~~~~~

Ahh! I want to thank everyone who read the first chapter! It amazed me how many people read this in less than 24 hours.

P.S. This story is cross posted on AO3