Chapter 12: Mind Readers

I'M SORRY! I left you all on a cliffhanger last week and then forgot to update yesterday...

Here's your chapter with answers:

Enjoy!

~~~~~

Julie thought that she was going to finally get to be happy, but the universe had other plans.

It was a normal thing for her to open the front door when her dad was busy or if she was closest. Although she never counted on a ghost showing up at her door and poofing her elsewhere. She didn't even know where she was, but she could guess.

From what the guys had told her about Caleb and his club, she could assume that the ghost who had poofed her was Caleb, and the theatrical music that she could hear in the background was Caleb's club.

The room she was in was always dark. It was so dark that she couldn't even see her hand in front of her face. Her survival skills had kicked in a while ago and she felt the surroundings of the room. It wasn't very big, but there wasn't a door anywhere that she could feel.

Julie had begun to worry. If she didn't know where she was, how was her family supposed to find her?

"Julie, dear," A deep voice was heard in front of her. "No need to fret. They'll come for you."

How did he know what she was thinking?

"It's special... skill of mine that I've learned over the years." The voice answered.

Julie could hear two claps and she felt like she was being sucked through her own belly button. How did the guys poof like this all the time? Suddenly the lights turned on. It took her a few moments to adjust her eyes to the sudden brightness, but she realized that she was actually in the club.

Multiple circular tables lined the room, each topped with a white cloth and some sort of small vase as a centerpiece.

"You see, Julie," The voice started. Julie looked towards the man. Purple coat, old timey voice and language. Yup, it's Caleb. "That's right. Now, enough with introductions. You have the power to pull ghosts with your music. It took me a while to figure it out, but on the night of the Orpheum it all clicked together."

"What are you talking about?" Julie asked him.

Caleb sighed. "Must I spell it out for you? You're going to play for these guests tonight. We're going to see just how special of a talent you have."

Julie tried to object, but before she could she was being poofed on a stage in front of a whole group of people. She looked down to see that her clothes had changed. She was now in an elegant gown that draped her curves all the way until it hit the ground. She looked back up to see people clapping as her name was announced.

Music started playing in the background. Julie didn't want to sing. Not for him, but the next thing she knew she was belting out a song that she didn't even know. Julie tried her hardest to stop, to refrain from singing, but the invisible power that was holding her there was too strong.

Julie felt a single tear slide down her cheek. What was going to happen?

~~~~~

Another cliffhanger... (i promise I'll try super hard to update on time!)

See you soon!