Chapter 5

Collin's Point of View........

The drive back to the apartment is a very short one. I pull into a guest parking spot just outside her building and quickly open her door.
She stands up and wobbles a bit and I realize that she may be feeling the effects of the alcohol.
I know that she is not much of a drinker, so I scoop her up in my arms and start walking to her door.

"Hey, I can walk, Collin! You don't have to carry me!"

"I want to carry you, Kellie! Besides you weigh practically nothing!"

I get her to the door all too soon and I place her back on her feet as she fumbles around looking for her keys in her wristlet.
She finally opens the door and I walk her to the couch and she just drops herself into the cushions.
She starts to giggle and I can't help but laugh, she isn't drunk but I've never seen her tipsy before and she is cute.
I sit on the coffee table and bring her feet to rest in my lap as I remove the straps of her high heels from both of her feet.
I can't help but smile as I start to massage her feet.
"Ooooooooooh! That feels amazing!"

"You like that, huh?"

"You have magical hands, Collin!"

I continue to massage her feet as I look at her. She looks at me as she enjoys my foot rub.

"Have you felt this way for a long time, Collin?"

" Hmmmmm? Felt what way, Kels?"

"How long have you had feelings for me?"

Oh fuck! It must be the alcohol talking because Kellie would never be this straight forward. Would she?
Honestly, I think it's time she knows the truth!

"I've been into you since the first day I met you! I couldn't understand what you saw in a guy like Brent. He's my friend, yeah, but it pissed me off to see the two of you together.
It pissed me off even further when I realized that he was cheating. Brent doesn't deserve to be with someone like you Kellie.
To be honest with you, I only kept hanging around Brent, so I could be closer to you!
It may sound creepy but it's the truth!"

"Why didn't you tell me how you felt, Collin?"

"I was afraid of you rejecting me! Fuck, I just couldn't deal with it if you rejected me!"

"I would never have rejected you because I've been having the same feelings about you for so long that I can't even remember when it first started!"

"Then why didn't you say anything, babe?"

"I guess because like you I was scared of being rejected. I was more worried about what people would think if I hooked up with my ex boyfriend's best friend!"

"So what has changed, Kels? I'm still your ex boyfriend's best friend!
What do you think people will say now?"

"I don't care about what people think anymore! I can't live my life  based on what other people think! I decided that I would be brave and take a risk with you, even if you break my heart, I'm still willing to take that risk!"

I'm off the coffee table and sitting next to her on the couch in seconds!

"I'm never gonna break your heart Kels! I promise you that I would never cheat on you either!"

She climbs on top of me until she is straddling my thighs and runs her hands through my hair. I swear just her touch alone and I can feel electricity licking along my veins.
Fuck, the way she makes me feel with just her touch alone is unbelievable. No other woman has ever had this effect on me.
I realize for the first time that I'm actually feeling, I'm not with her just for a quick fuck, I want to be with her because of how she makes me feel, how I feel when I'm with her. I've never had these feelings before in my entire life!