Chapter 20

A Few Days Later.....................

Today is Friday and my group project is due this morning. I thought about dropping Mr. Gibbs class, so that I wouldn't have to see him or interact with him, but Collin insisted that I not do that!
I'm not going to let him intimidate me or just give up my dream of being an event planner, because he is a selfish bastard.

I feel miserable because I got my period the same day the drama took place at the cemetery but I guess it was also the stress of the day.
Collin has been my rock these past couple of days and I love him more as each day goes by.

He has given me the space I need to think and process everything that has happened, but he also shows me how much he cares about my well being.
He dropped me off on campus a while ago and I feel really confident about my presentation this morning.
As team leader, it's my responsibility to do my best as much for my team as well as for myself.

I walk into class and take my seat. Mr. Gibbs looks like a wreck, he has bags under his eyes, like he has not slept in days. I look at him and I feel nothing.
I thought that I would feel something, maybe anger or even sadness, but I realize that he doesn't even deserve that!
He caused my mother enough pain, it's about time he suffer for his actions!

I take a deep breath and try to clear my thoughts. I feel ashamed of myself because I'm not a bitter or vengeful person but at the same time, I'm not gonna allow myself to be sucked into darkness.
I have people who love and care for me and that's all that matters, the people in my life are the ones that mean more to me that anything else. Mr. Gibbs seems to be all alone, locked in a hell of his own making.
I don't want to be like him!

There are five groups to present and he calls my group last.

"Ms. Kessler............the floor is yours."

I stand up and go straight into my presentation and I surprise even myself with how well I manage to keep my focus, despite the chaos swirling in my mind.
When I'm finished, Mr. Gibbs asks me a whole bunch of questions which catches me off guard, because he didn't ask the others any questions, he just listened to each presentation and took notes.
Is he trying to make me falter or seem incompetent?
This is what I'm most passionate about and he would have to try much harder to see me fail!

The class comes to an end and I walk out without even looking at him twice.
On my way to the library, I feel like a huge burden has been lifted from my shoulders. I survived having to face Mr.Gibbs, knowing who and what he is, so just maybe, I would be okay!
With time everything would be alright.
My phone rings and it's Sharon!

"Hey Shar, what's up?"

"How did the presentation go?"

"Surprisingly, it went very well!"

"And Professor Douche? Did he upset you?"

"No, Aiden Gibbs seems to be living in his own hell. He looked really bad Shar. I almost felt sorry for him!"

"Come on Kels, this is not who you are! Don't let the pain of the past dictate your future.
He is still your dad, talk to him, hear what he has to say at least!"

"I'm not ready to talk to him Shar, maybe not today, maybe not next week, maybe never!"

"I'm not gonna push the issue, just think about it, is all I'm saying!"

"Thanks! I promise that I will think about it!"

"So, are we doing anything later?"

"Not this weekend Shar, I have too much on my mind!"

"Okay babe, see you later then!"

"Bye Shar!"

When I get to the library, I see Collin sitting on the wall, near the steps, waiting for me.
He takes my breath away. Oh my God, the way he makes my heart skip a beat, amazes me!
The effect he has on me, the way my body instantly reacts to him, these feelings, just hit me like a bolt of lightening and I'm left standing there with my mouth wide open like an idiot.