Chapter 10

The entire front of his house is mainly glass. I can certainly understand because the view is unlike anything that I've seen before. The house is surrounded by forest on both sides and seems to be built right against the mountain.
His front door is as wide as it is high and when we step into the entry way, I'm completely blown away.
The house is built mainly from stone and wood and the interior looks like one of those houses on HGTV.

I can't believe that this is his house, much less wrap my mind around the fact that he designed this house himself

This is what he envisioned his home would look like and he had the creativity and the vision to bring it to life. At the center of the living room is a massive wooden staircase leading to the second floor. The house is tastefully decorated and I wonder if he decorated it himself as well.

"This is amazing, Collin! Wow.........just wow! Everything is all natural, isn't it? Did you decorate the interior yourself or no?"

"Yeah, I was literally building in a forest, so I decided to go more eco friendly in choosing materials. I design houses everyday for a living Kels,  and most people prefer the concrete jungle! Me? Not so much!
As for decorating the interior, over the years I kinda picked up a few tips from my mom. She is the Head Interior Decorator at our firm."

"Your mom also works at your Architectural firm?"

"Actually, my mom and dad are the owners of the company! My dad designs building and houses and my mom is the Interior Decorator."

"Wow, that's so cool, a family run business!
So tell me why did you decide to build using all natural materials?"

"I wanted something different, something that would blend in with the surroundings, of course, but also something that would reflect my love of nature!"

"Mission accomplished! I've never seen an actual house like this, you only see places like this on television or in magazines!"

Collin moves further into the house and I follow along behind him like Alice in Wonderland, turning and twisting, just in complete awe of his house. He sets the bag of take out on the kitchen island and I realize that it's even more breathtaking in this room.

 He sets the bag of take out on the kitchen island and I realize that it's even more breathtaking in this room