Chapter 24

Kellie's Point Of View...............

I open the door to the apartment and we step inside. This place has been my home for the past two years, but now I barely spend any time here.
I've been staying with Collin most nights!
Sharon has been spending the majority of her time at Adam's place too!
I walk toward my bedroom and call out to Sharon.

"Shar, you home?"

"Yeah! I will be right out! I just took a shower!"

I walk back to the living room and Collin and I sit on the couch.

"What's going on, babe? I can tell that there is something on your mind, Kels!"

"Well, something happened today at work and I want to tell you and Sharon about it!"

He pulls me closer to him on the couch and looks at me.

"What happened today, Kels?"

"Hey guys! What's going on?"

"Okay Shar! Take a seat! This would be much easier to tell the both of you together!"

"Tell us what, Kels? That you have decided to run off and join a circus?"

"What? No, stop being so dramatic!"

"Kinda hard when you have a pink and purple creature painted on your face!"

"Oh yeah! I forgot about that! The kids painted this turtle on my cheek today!"

"The fuck? I'm still trying to get the chewing gum out of my hair, Kellie! And you get a glitter turtle?"

I can't help but roll my eyes.

"Okay, back to what I wanted to tell you guys!"

Sharon rolls her eyes at me and pouts.

I proceed to tell them what happened today with Mr. Gibbs and they are both surprised to hear his side of the story.

"I decided to hear him out, I thought about what the both of you said, about giving him a chance to explain his side of the story.
I really think, given a choice, he would not have left.
He was only seventeen years old at the time and had no choice but to obey his parents!
Anyways, bottom line is, I agreed to take the time to get to know him. I honestly think that is what my mom would want!"

"I agree, Kels! He is your dad after all and the only living relative you have left! He can't be all that bad, your mom loved him so much!"

"I think it's a good idea but just be very careful, baby!"

"Yeah, I think I owe it to my mom to at least make an effort to get to know him!"

"Well, I guess I can't call him Professor Douche anymore, huh?"

"No, I guess not! Would you guys mind getting together with him sometime?
I would like all of us to get to know him better!"

"I think it's a good idea, as long as he doesn't hurt you baby, I'm good!"

"Kels, you do realize that your father is extremely hott, right?
All those girls in his classes are gonna be hitting on him, too!"

"Okay, I'm not having this discussion with you, ever!"

"I'm just saying, prepare yourself!"

"Yeah, I'm not talking about any of that, end of discussion!"

"Okay, well I have to get hoping! I'm spending the night at Adam's place tonight!"

"Yeah, okay! I will see you tomorrow, Shar!"

"Bye guys!"

"Bye Sharon!"