Chapter 17

Collin's Point of View...........

"Well that was awkward!"

"Tell me about it. I just can't seem to understand that man!"

"Why? What happened?"

"For starters, he asked me out!"

"He did what now?"

"Yeah, he apologized for snapping at me on Tuesday, then invited me out for coffee. When I declined, he asked if I would have lunch with him instead!"

"What the fuck am I hearing, babe?"

"Don't worry about it, Collin!
The man is clearly a nut job!"

"I don't think he is nuts at all. I think he sees what every guy sees when they look at you, Kels!
An amazing, beautiful and intelligent woman!
That fucker wants you, Kellie!"

"Lord, now you sound like Sharon!"

"Well she is right babe! Aiden fucking Gibbs, wants my woman!"

"Okay, calm down! I don't care what he wants, Collin!"

I'm too fucking pissed to even say anymore. It's not her fault, she is an angel, any guy would want to be with her and now I have to deal with the fact that this man is going to be seeing her and interacting with her, a couple times a week.
I know first hand how guys think and I know for a fact that when a guy sets his sights on a woman, he would do anything and everything to have her.
I  should fucking know, I used to be that guy!!

How in the fuck am I supposed to stay calm when I know he is going to view this as a challenge and chase Kellie until he gets what he wants, HER!

We get in the car and I'm driving but I have no clue where the hell I'm going.

"Are you mad at me? You look very mad!"

"I'm not mad at you Kels, I fucking love you.....!"

I hear her surprised gasp and I suddenly feel like all the air is being sucked out of my lungs.
This is not how I wanted to tell her that I love her!
I had it all planned, something romantic, that she would cherish and remember for the rest of her life, certainly not me blurting it out in a jealous fit of rage!
I decide to pull over and park because I really can't focus on driving right now!

"Collin.......I..........!"

"You really don't have to say anything, babe! But it's true, I love you so much Kellie!
I don't want to lose you and now...........this fucking shit with Gibbs!"

I feel defeated, like I have somehow let her down. This was not how I planned to open up my heart and express how much she means to me.

She climbs over the center console and straddles my thighs. She looks at me, I mean really looks at me, I swear it feels like she can see everything in my soul, everything that I feel for her, everything is laid bare.
All my defenses are down and she can see the real me, the man who is afraid and vulnerable, the man who can't begin to put into words everything that I feel for her.
The man who is afraid to let her see just how much power she has over me, because in that moment, I realize that she has the power to make or break me.
If I lose her now, I know that I would be broken and I may not recover from that loss.

"Collin, I have been struggling with my feelings for you, too!"

"You don't have to say anything, babe!"

"You're wrong, Collin! This affects me as much as it affects you!"

She has been struggling with her feelings? Oh God! Is she going to tell me  that's it's all been a mistake? Is that why she insisted that we spent last night apart?
Does she have feelings for Gibbs?