Chapter 29

Kanichiwa, my fruit pack! I hope everyone is doing well! I was a little busy yesterday, but I hope I can get some more chapters in today! I know my chapters are somewhat short, but I would say consistent updates make up for it, right?

Y/N P.O.V

My eyes widened. "Your yorishiro? That's am item that's very special to you right? Mine's right here," I pointed down at a bell that was attached to a ribbon tied around my ankle. (If you remember, when we met Tsuchigomori, Emilia lead Y/N to the boundry by the sound of the bells, just a refresher)

She looked down at it and smiled softly. "So that became your yorishiro. I remember giving those bells to Emilia," Chloe spoke softly. "I had one and she had one. She kept me company through all my hardships," She explained.

I nodded and gave her a small smile. "I see, was she a friend of yours?" I asked. Chloe nodded. "Is that why you were so worried about it? That sythe is your yorishiro-" I mentioned. She nodded.

"It is. It carries the souls that I've taken as payment. They heal me, hence why I'm still hurt..." She spoke softly while gesturing to her forehead. "Those souls, I can speak with them. They were my only friends. The only people that never hurt me..." She spoke softly.

I gently whiped away her falling tears and gave her a big smile. "That's okay! I'll get it back to you. I know where it is! You'd loose our game of hide and seek, but I want to see you smile! Say, I'll be your friend!" I chirped happily. A big smile made its way onto her face.

"Really?!" Chloe's eyes shone brightly. "You'd be my friend and help me regain my yorishiro. Thank you so much! You and Emilia, really are something," she mumbled the last sentence.

"Wait, you say that like you know me personally. I don't remember anything from before I became an apparition. Do you know me?" I asked curiously, a spark of hope in my eyes. Chloe sighed softly. "N- no, I don't know you..." she lied. "You just seem really familiar to someone I met-"

"She was someone that never hurt me. She wasn't like mom and dad. She was like my big brother. Mommy and daddy always hurt me, but big brother always made me happy! He said that he got rid of the bad ghosts with his sythe! It doesn't have the same power now, but it's still special to me," Chloe explained.

"Big brother went to go seal away a big, bad ghost, but mommy and daddy said he lost and died. A friend of my big brother found his sythe and gave it to me the night before my house burnt down," Chloe continued her story.

I nodded and gave her a small hug. "Don't worry. I won't hurt you. How old were you when it happened?" I asked, I was curious. At times she seemed scary, but on the inside she seemed to be a frightened child. "I was twelve..." Chloe replied.

"My name is Y/N, I don't know how old I am-" I rubbed my neck sheepishly. Chloe smiled as she pointed at herself. "I'm Chloe! I was around twelve when I died, but I've been around for a reallllllyyyyy-" She held out the ending. "-long time!" Chloe finished with a smile.

I nodded. "I see, it's a pleasure to meet you Chloe! I've got to be going back to my other friend, but I'll come see you when I get your sythe. I won't let you down!" I exclaimed. I gave her a small wave before floating away from the library.

As I made my way to the broadcasting room, I began to think. How would I get the sythe without Tsukasa noticing? I'd already tried asking politely, but we were playing a new game. I could say we need to pause the game or find a new game to play.

"There you are!" A pair of arms wrapped around me as soon as I entered the broadcasting room. "Ah! Oh- it's just you," I chuckled. "Why'd you leave?" Tsukasa pouted. "I had to go play with someone. They lost the game though. No one can ever find me!" I whined playfully, masking the lie.

Tsukasa looked skeptical for a split second before going back to his usual smile. "Okay! Time to go back, now!" He chuckled, the black smoke surronding us once again. I yawned again and rubbed my eyes. "I'm still tired....," I whined playfully.

Tsukasa giggled before dragging me back to the room prior. I layed down and wrapped my arms around his neck. I yawned once more before slowly falling into the sweet night.

My eyes fluttered open. "Morning kitten," Tsukasa giggled. I buried my head into his chest. "Five more minutes..." Suddenly, I found myself laying on Tsukasa's chest. I wrapped my arms around his neck.

Tsukasa smiled mischievously. "Good girl~" He smirked, his hands around my waist. "You always seem to know exactly what I want~" Tsukasa slutred. "Can I go back to sleep? I'm still tireddd," I whined playfully. He laughed as he started to play with my hair. "As long as you stay with me~" He replied.

I nodded and yawned again. "Yup, I don't know where else I'd be...." I felt myself drifting off into sleep once again. I slowly awoke again, but this time was different. As I sat up, I realized that Tsukasa wasn't here currently.

I walked out of the room and looked around for Tsukasa. "He's not here. If I want to get the sythe back to her, it's now or never..." I spoke softly. The sythe lay on the table to the left of me. I ran over and picked it up. "Here it is. All I have to do is get it back to her...."

.........

Hello! A little bit of a shorter chapter, but I wanted to get something out! I hope everyone's morning/afternoon/night!

What's been the best part of everyone's week, so far?