Chapter 48

*this chapter contains sexual activity*

Months pass by, and me and Draco have been making some progress, but small, we still haven't succeeded bringing the bird back alive.

We were only weeks away from school end, and we have been nervous then ever before, the cabinet wasn't fixed yet, and we didn't know what else to do, we even try to avoid thinking on what will the Dark Lord do to us if we fail, it gives me nightmares just to think about it.

Draco's mental breakdowns have been getting worse, and more frequently, I try to calm him down, but sometimes is really bad, he runs away because he feels incapable of protecting, he doesn't like me seeing him like this, he tells himself that he has to be strong for me, but the time ruining away quickly it doesn't help at all.

My sister keeps asking if we need her help, but Draco refuses, he says he doesn't want anyone involved in it and she already helped a lot when he was injured.

He has becoming paller and thinner, I try to eat whenever I can but Draco, he is too depressed to eat anything, he takes a lot of time to fall asleep now, sometimes I wonder if he sleeps at all, sometimes I wake up and he is already awoken and all suit up.

We were going to the Room of Requirement again, and Draco had two birds with him, at this time we were already hopeless, already hoping for the worst to happen.

We got there and walked towards the cabinet, Draco opened the door and placed the bird inside of it, closing the door again.

"Harmonia Nectere Passus." He chanted towards the cabinet.

"This is useless." He said after saying the spell.

"What?" I asked confused.

"This..." His gaze looked all around the cabinet. "It's useless, this cabinet is ruined, it's impossible yo fix." He said.

"Draco you cannot think like that." I said grabbing his hand gently, trying to him look at me.

"I'm gonna say that is all my fault, so you don't have to take the consequences..." He said still not looking at me.

"What? Draco you're so wrong if you think that I would let you do that." I said. "I would never forgive myself, I couldn't live with that." I said looking at the cabinet.

I opened it, and the bird was gone, as usual, I closed the door again and waited.

"But Y/N, I don't want you to suffer the consequences, this is my fate, you don't deserve to be stuck with me." He said finally looking at me, his expression sad as usual, I don't even remember the last time I saw him smile.

"But I want to be stucked with you Draco, I don't care where, I don't care how, I just wanna be with you." I said calmly.

"But we don't know what will he do to us-" I cut him off.

"But we face it together, or we escape, we can escape together, okay, but now, just don't think about that." I lied, we both knew we couldn't escape, there's wasn't a way out of this, our fate was already written on one way or another, at this time, we were only still trying to fix the cabinet, based on lies that we tell ourselves, that everything is going to be okay knowing that will not.

Draco opened the cabinet again, and, for our surprise, the bird, was alive, and started flying across the room, we were both shocked but "happy."

"Draco? Did...did it worked?" I asked already excited.

"I think it did, quickly give me the other bird." He said, and I imediatly gave it to him.