CHAPTER 26

█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
3rd Person PoV
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█

"You want them two stay in the boss' office?"

It is Wednesday morning, the day of the ambush at capitol. They were all in the meeting room as Taeyong wanted to add some things to the original plan.

"Yeah, I feel like it would be better if they were there." Taeyong said looking at the two girls who were sat at the end of the table.

"We're fine with that." Lucy decided to speak up as Chen wasn't in the mood to speak. "It's probably saver for everyone else cause I don't think any of us want to go on a killing spree."

"Well, if you guys say so." The two nodded and the attention was brought back to Taeyong. "I've already said who will be with who and what part of building you will be on. Jungwoo and Sicheng I do need you two in the building, the top floor to be exact so it will be easier for you to get to the rooftop."

Taeyong nodded before he preceded to talk. "You may leave now, we're leaving in a few hours." He said looking at everyone but stopped as he looked at the two girls in front of him. "You two stay behind."

"Can you stop walking across the room."

Mark and Haechan were currently in their shared room. Haechan was cleaning up his knives and the new sword he got while Mark could not stand still for one second.

"What if something happens?"

"Like what?" Haechan placed down his knives. Don't get him wrong he did understand Mark in some way but he just thought Mark was overthinking it. "Taeyong made his decision for a reason. He's not dumb."

Mark stopped walking for like two seconds, making eye contact with his roommate before picking up his feet again. "What if they get kidnapped?"

"They are two of the most dangerous mafia members to exist at the moment." Haechan said picking up his knives and placing them back into his suitcase. "I highly doubt, no, I know that they won't get kidnapped. In fact, they might as well be the one doing the kidnapping."

"But why would they be-."

"Mark sit the fuck down and get ready."

"Are you sad that you're not working with your girlfriend tonight?" Johnny walked into Jaehyun's and Jungwoo's shared room.

"She's not my girlfriend." Jaehyun said. "And is that really the question you should be asking me right now?"

"I mean you could've ignored me but you answered instead, so yes."

"He's just wondering if she'll be okay tonight cause she was really quiet earlier and let Lucy do all the talking for the both of them." Jungwoo said joining the conversation. "Let's just hope Sechan won't be there tonight."

"Why'd you say that?" Jaehyun shifted his eyes from the ceiling towards Jungwoo.

"It will be difficult to kill someone who practically raised you, even if you have hatred towards them." Johnny said. "I thought it was caught obvious. They might have said the harshest things ever but they are humans with feelings."

"But then again, I'm sure the both of them have have grown stronger than what they used to be."

"You called in advance, right?" Doyoung side eyed Taeyong who was stood next to him.

All of them just arrived at the building they're supposed to be protecting tonight. There are only a few hours left until the ambush and here they all are in their uniforms strapped up with weapons, looking more intimidating as ever.

"This is the nth time you've asked me and all my replies have been yes." Taeyong said as he started walking towards the building. The place completely empty as they did not want to risk anyone's life. "Only the boss is here as he wanted to have a chat with Lucy and Chen before he left."

The two girls already knew about this so they headed over to his office without saying anything. The rest of the boys just watched their figures get smaller and smaller until they were gone

"Okay you all know what floor you'll be covering and with who." Johnny said turning around to face everyone. "So, hurry up cause I'm getting excited. I haven't felt like this for a while now."

"He's so human like but so inhumane." Taeil said as him and Doyoung went back to the van that they hid so they won't get caught.

"We all are."

As the both of them got to their van they straight away went to their seats and turned on all the computers making the entire inside of the van light up. Obviously this can only be seen from the inside.

"Can the ones who are connected to me hear me?" Taeil asked as he connected his earpiece. After getting multiple responses he waited for Doyoung to do the same and getting the same response as Taeil.

For the next few hours all them made sure they were all ready to prevent this ambush from escalating. As those hours went by it was more seen as a countdown. A countdown that kept them excited.

Soon enough it was time for everything to start. Their plan was finally out in play.

"Okay guys, be careful it's about to begin."

my chapters keep getting shorter and shorter but I hope you enjoyed it
also if you've ever read my first book you should definitely look forward for what I've prepared after this books ends