CHAPTER 17

█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
3rd Person PoV
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█

"We're here." The four of them stood in front of the now empty building they were in not that long ago.

Without a word the two girls started walking towards the building with Mark and Haechan behind them. They decided not to go through the entrance but decided to check out the back of the building.

"Why are we going through the back?" Haechan raised the question. For all he and Mark know is that they came here to proof their leader wrong.

"There is no way that Sechan came in from the entrance so there must be a way he got in through the back and we're going to find out how he did it."

The four of them started walking around to find the easiest way he could've gotten in. And thankfully it was found easier than they expected as Mark made the most random noise which alerted the other three to come his way.

Mark was stood in front of a secret door when the other three arrived. They watched him as he started to trace his fingers on the door to find a way to open it.

"How the fuck does this work?"

"Push it." Lucy just stared back at them once they turned to her to face her. "Sechan isn't smart enough to come up with a whole system for a door, so just push it."

Mark obeyed and just simply pushed the door. And just as Lucy said, the door opened and they were met with stairs that would them upstairs if they took them.

"Let's go then." Lucy said leading them up the stairs. Chen closed the door behind them so no one would follow them inside. You know, reduce the risk of getting followed.

"Found something?"

"I just did." Taeil said he zoomed into the screen he was looking at. Doyoung moved away from his computer and moved away to stand behind the older. "Look."

Doyoung focused on where the elders' fingers were leading his eyes. He then saw that it was the man that they were looking for, Sechan. He stood in the exact same spot he was in, in the video from earlier.

"Okay so he clearly wasn't at the formal for the girls." Doyoung said.

"Can you try and see if you can see him with the cameras on the bottom floor?" Taeil turned to face the younger who was already looking at him.

"I don't know, depends on how many cameras there are." Doyoung said already walking towards his side of the room.

"Well that was easy."

They reach the top of the stairs and were met with another door. Haechan opened it and the rest followed. They were met with an empty room, empty meaning that there wasn't a sign of a human being. They quickly scanned the room for any suspicious things before they proceeded.

"Do you think he only comes here for the formals?" Mark asked as they walked out of the room. They are now standing on the second the floor, the exact same place where Sechan was standing on the formal. Since the place was now empty, it was difficult to find out what he could've been looking at.

"I think we should take a picture of this view and see if Taeil and Doyoung caught something on camera." Chen said. They all took their phones and took a picture of the view but from their own point of view as they might find a match through the cameras back at the base.

"We should go back now." Haechan said as he placed his phone back into his pocket. "Taeil just texted me saying that they found some footage from last year."

"How did he know that you're out the base?"

"I texted him just in case."

"Don't glare at me."

The group of four entered the meeting room while the others have been sat there for about 5 minutes now.

"So did you find anything useful?"Taeyong asked Doyoung. Taeil placed his laptop on a table and connected it the main screen in the room.

As the video appeared on the screen all of them focused on the screen to find out what the two had found. It didn't take long for Sechan to appear on the screen in the exact same place as the previous video.

"So he just attends the formal for fun?" Sicheng spoke up as soon as the video ended. Even after seeing two videos it still didn't make sure as to why he would be there as he didn't make any suspicious or sudden moves. He just stood there.

"Where did you four go to?" The attention was now directed to the four youngest in the room.

"To find out how he got inside." Chen said, she then looked at Mark who took this as a sign for him to start speaking.

"There is a secret door at the back of the building and before you ask, no there are no cameras in the back which why he can get in and out without any problems." Mark explained and he saw Doyoung and Taeil as it finally made sense as to why they couldn't access cameras that were never there in the first place.

"I don't think he attends the formal or just any mafia event that is held there for fun. There has to be a valid reason for why he is doing this." Johnny said reffering to the question Sicheng asked earlier on.

"Question." Lucy said lifting her head up and eyed everyone in the room waiting for approval. She looked at Taeyong as he obviously had last say. It's not like he doubted the girls after watching the video he's in leader mode. "Do fights normally happen at events like the formal?"

"Yeah they do, why?" Yuta answered. It was very normal for there to be fights between two or more groups whenever an event took place. The boys weren't the ones starting fights, people just liked to try and intimidate them, especially when they first joined.

"Do you think he attends the formals to analyse how different groups fight, like you know their weaknesses and strength and maybe see what group could be a threat to him, you guys for example." Lucy said as everyone else actively listened to what she said.

What she said was the most likeable reason for why Sechan would attened events he had no invitation for.

"It makes sense. He did say that he wanted to get to the higher ups and even take over our place." Jungwoo said.

They all just sat there in silence taking everything in as all really was making sense. He was there for every event and didn't make a move like he had planned this all out.

"Isn't there a ball soon?" Doyoung raised the question.

"Next week." Taeyong said. They had all forgotten about the upcoming event. But now that they actually have a useful purpose for attending it, they need to spend the following week with preparing. Maybe not their fighting skills but their observing skills. "Let's hope he attends that day we can follow him when he leaves."

NEW MESSAGE:
I actually wrote this chapter on my laptop and I wrote it way quicker than on my phone so I will most likely continue with writing on my laptop than on my phone