Bonds

3rd Person POV

Kirito sat by Sugu's door, reflecting on what just had happened.

Ever since then, I couldn't make sense of the distance I felt from my family.

(Flashback)

"I'm not a true child of this family."

His younger self thought when he was playing on his computer.

I learned this when I was ten...

His thoughts were caught off when he heard Sugu outside practicing kendo.

"Can I honestly say I know her?"

Maybe that strange feeling of not fitting in was one of the things that drove me to online gaming.

He watched her for little while until he closes his curtain and went back to his game.

The scene changed to the time when he put on the NerveGear. The time when he was going to login into SAO.

An artificial world, where no on really knows anything about each other. I immersed myself in that comfortable world...

Memories of every single friend he made when he was in the game played in his mind.

But my two years in SAO led me to a certain truth...That there's no meaningful difference between a real and a virtual world...

It's pointless to ask anyone who they really are...

Then a certain (H/c) hair girl appeared with a embarrassed expression.

All you can do is accept and believe in them..Because whoever they are in your mind is their true identity...

The scene changed to the time when he woke up in the hospital causing Sugu to cry on his lap.

When I returned to the real world and saw Sugu's face, I was happy from the bottom of my heart.

He was shocked at first, but smiles and pets her head softly.

I swore I'd try my best to close the distance that had grown between us over the previous few years...

(Flashback Ends)

But I...

He thought for a moment and finally gets up.

What can I do, for Sugu?

He turns and knocks on her door, "I'll wait for you in Arun on the north terrace."

He walks back into his room not waiting for a response.

In her room, Sugu was still crying on her bed but with guilt.

"You're really strong, Kazuto." She admits but starts to cry more, "But I just can't be that strong..."

She starts to remember of the time when she had to comfort him over (Y/n).

Back then, I told you to do your best, to not give up on the one you love. But now, I can't stop crying.

She opens her eyes and puts on the Amusphere.

~

Back in Arun, ALO

Leafa was debating if she should go to the spot Kirito told her before.