If I be Rough with You | XII

CHAPTER TWELVE

"Never become so involved with something that it blinds you

"Never become so involved with something that it blinds you. Never forget where you from; someone will remind you."

DMX – , It's On

THE sunlight wasn't merciful today; it knocked at Jules' forehead and sent a dull pain all around. She wasn't hungover, she didn't drink enough for that. She was groggy, like any person after getting four hours of sleep and jumping into a day of aging textbooks, crisp air, and the voices of students that never seemed to stop.

She looked over to see that Ayden was in the bathroom, getting ready for the day that waited for them with open arms. Her hands pulled her covers back, and her eyes went down to the white cami straps that fell loosely down her shoulders and over the boxers she'd slipped on before plopping into bed last night.

Jules rubbed her palm against the side of her cheek as the sound of water hitting the shower floor echoed from inside the bathroom. Jill Scott's voice sernaded from Ayden's phone and Jules wondered what kind of energy drink she'd gulped down to be up and at it in the morning like this.

" Let's take a long walk around the park after dark
Find a spot for us to spark
Conversation, verbal elation, stimulation
Share our situations, temptations, education, relaxations..."

Ayden was not a morning person, hell she was barely an afternoon person. She'd made it her business to make sure the day got ready for her, instead of her getting ready for it. She would stop the hands of time if she could to get any extra hour of sleep.

Jules' feet led her out of bed, and as she sauntered over to the oak drawers filled with clothes, a yawn escaped from her mouth. She pulled out a classic white tee and grey sweats -- there was no need for decorating her figure today, she didn't have the strength.

Her head snapped into the direction of the bathroom door as Ayden creaked the door open; steam lingering out as if it was announcing her appearance from the inside.

"Someone's up early." Jules said, eyebrows raised to put a question mark on the statement she'd made.

Ayden laughed while wrapping the yellow towel around her body, "Getting coffee with Marcus this morning, he told me last night he'd pay for the scones Java Jam has been trying out. You know food tastes better when it's free."

Jules put her hand on her hip, "Marcus the clown, paying for a scone this early? Are you sure you aren't talking to his tethered?"

She threw her towel at Jules feet as she put on her undergarments, "When you put it on these fools like I do, they'll pay for anything if you let 'em."

Jules shook her head in amusement while getting her things ready for the day.

Ayden looked back over to Jules with a smirk and playful eyes before responding.