Talk of Peace | XXX

CHAPTER THIRTY

"Without order, nothing exists

"Without order, nothing exists. Without chaos, nothing evolves."

– Jedi Mind Tricks

MORNING WAS FILLED with the sky's cry into the oblivion of ivory clouds. Massive bodies of fluff aided her wet eyes while shades of cerulean ran down to the earth. 

Raheem ironed a graphic tee that had become too wrinkled to casually wear.

A vinyl spun like a tumbling disc down hills of notes and harmonies. James brown's playful voice jumped from wall to wall within the spacious dorm.

Rah's tall frame swayed lightly, his shoulders containing a bounce to the beat as he tried to bring in the day.

For the first time, in a long time, he was blissfully present. He couldn't control the smile that etched itself on his face as he replayed last weekend with Jules.

Wednesday was nothing short of a day to bask in what happened as the pure hectic environment of finals season had finally arrived.

Teachers were wrapping up lesson plans, exams were either exempted or flushed out to make students groan, and winter decor around campus became more apparent.

Steam wandered from the inside of the iron as the door to Raheem and Marcus' dorm creaked open.

Marcus was quiet, as he had been for the past few days after his outburst of defense.

He sat his satchel on the back of his desk-chair and laid down on his bed. His large hands covered most of his face as he rubbed it.

Raheem turned the iron off before laying his shirt on the bed. He then dug around in drawers to shape an outfit together.

  "Can you turn that shit off?" Marcus complained as he rose from the bed.

Raheem scoffed.

   "We go what, three — four days without talking and those are your first words to me?" He asked while unfolding a pair of jeans.

  "My bad," Marcus said while raising off the bed with both hands held sarcastically to his chest, "Can you turn that shit off, please?"

"Man what's your problem? Two years of knowing each other and the most we'd argue over is a fucking channel to watch. What did I do to you?"

Marcus sighed before walking over to his side of the room, "Nothing Rah — you didn't do anything."

Raheem chuckled in confusion, "So why are you bugging man?"

Rah saw Marcus' face trouble with expression. His eyebrows furrowed in an attempt to contemplate admitting the truth.

Yet, the ticking of jaw let him know that there was something that was burning inside him to be released.