Sin from thy Lips | XL

CHAPTER FORTY

* fair warning: violence, brutality, and gore are constants in this chapter

"Clean me up, beam me up to the other side
Brothers die, 'cause coons turn to butterflies"

- Vince Staples

RAHEEM HELD JULES by the sides of her waist as he kissed her collar from behind. The satin dress she'd worn felt soft to the touch while he let his hands wander.

She laughed while fumbling with the keys, "This isn't a game Rah, go back to Carver."

"But I wanna play," He cooed into her ear before kissing behind it.

Jules turned to him; he wrapped his arms around her backside while planting kisses on her face.

"You're not staying here tonight," She informed, "No matter how much you try to persuade me."

He sighed as he pulled his lips from her face, "Why not? I sleep here damn near every night. You toss me a bonnet and I practically live here."

"Rah." She stood, "Ayden is inside, go home."

"I promise I'll be gentle enough to keep you quiet." He tempted while running his thumb along her cheek.

"It'll make things awkward if I go in there cuddling with you while she's in there moping about your boy. Surely you can go another night without me being next to you."

"Now why am I being punished for her mistake?" He groaned.

"You're not Rah, be grateful you have a full bed to yourself tonight and take advantage of it." She advised.

"What if I like having you by my side?" He asked.

"I'll be there," She huffed, "Even if I'm not next to you and your painful need to crush me in my sleep." She assured.

"Alright," He smacked his lips before giving in, "Give me something sweet before I leave?"

Raheem leaned in to be granted with one more kiss from her graces.

The meeting of her lips did, in fact, flower the tension that'd been budding between them since they'd arrived back to Baldwin.

His hands circled down to her butt before gripping it firmly as their kiss held more heat.

Jules broke their lock and cleared her throat, "Alright, you gotta' go before I take you inside for real — scram."

"Scram — what is it, the sixties?"

"No, but you have sixty seconds to leave before I find my foot up your ass." She threatened, "And I am in a giving mood."

"Wish you were in the mood to give me something else, but alright. Imma' go talk to Marc. Hopefully we can clear shit up so things can go back to normal."