Misshapen Chaos | XVII

CHAPTER SEVENTEEN

"Reality is wrong; dreams are for real

"Reality is wrong; dreams are for real."

– Tupac Shakur

THE weekend crashed head on into Monday, making Jules feel the impact in her demeanor as she got ready for the day.

Steam from her morning shower left fog on the mirrors inside of her and Ayden's small bathroom, making her wipe the surface with her palm to reveal her reflection behind the dew.

Jules was wrapped in a dark brown towel -- almost the same shade as her skin. Her hands reached for the doorknob of the bathroom to let the steam escape into the main part of their dorm room.

She waited until the steam had settled and the droplets of water that once spotted her damp skin dried to leave a coat of ash on her shoulders before taking off her shower cap and unwrapping her hair.

The silky mane fell down past the front of her chest and rested at her waist. She took a paddle brush and worked her way through any kinks before starting on a face of makeup.

It'd taken her almost an hour to get her look the way she wanted before exiting the bathroom, the steam had been long gone before she'd step foot past the door frame.

She sauntered over to her side of the room with a container of Shea butter in her hand, preparing to moisturize the rather grey hues that spotted her skin.

She was mid stroke on her legs before Ayden came bursting through the door with a flimsy flyer in hand. She shut it softly as she noticed that Jules was nearly naked.

"Okay you'll never guess what I have in my hand," Ayden exclaimed while sitting her stuff down.

"Is it the reason why you're screaming at 8 am?" Jules practically jumped up and down with Ayden.

Ayden smacked her lips while responding, "One -- don't be an ass. Two, yes."

"How am I an ass when I guess correctly? I want my money back." Jules joked.

"That's too bad, cause you gotta' deal with me for free."

Jules gave her eyes a gleeful roll before asking, "Alright, what's got you so hype early in the morning? Don't tell me it's you and Marcus' marriage certificate."

"Well, that's dead wrong since neither me or him believe in marriage. Tradition is something foreign to the both of us."

She sighed, "Of course you don't, and of course it is."

"Anyways -- Baldwin is having a Spring Gala, and they're looking to put together a student committee!" She said while shoving the paper in Jules' direction.

"Are you about to ask..."Jules trailed out before Ayden answered her quickly.

"Yes..."