Till this night | XXXIV

CHAPTER THIRTY - FOUR

" Ignorance is a poison and knowledge will nourish

" Ignorance is a poison and knowledge will nourish."

- KRS-One

THE BOISTEROUS LAUGHS OF Marcus woke Raheem from his slumber. Daylight exposed itself among the mountains while a few hikers from surrounding cabins could be seen scattered on top.

Jules' hand was still cupped inside his as she stirred in her sleep.

He rose to wipe his eyes before watching Ayden and Marcus close the door behind them with four paper plates wrapped in foil.

Not too far behind, Jules raised beside him — pulling her hand away from his quickly before masking the movement with the stretch of her arms.

He chuckled at her frantic realization before shaking his head with pettiness.

"I don't know what time you two went to sleep last night, but it's damn near twelve and you missed breakfast." Ayden announced.

"Yeah, we had to lie and grab some extra bacon like we were gonna' eat it. This shit smells like brown sugar and grease." Marcus winced.

"Did y'all come here to sleep, or have fun?" Ayden lectured.

"Sleeping is fun." Jules grumbled before swinging her feet to the side of the bed.

"That's no way to get up on a vacation," Marcus babbled before fishing his phone from his pocket, "This calls for some much needed foolishness." 

Raheem smiled at his friend's glee as he'd become more and more conscious of the day.

He stood to his feet as music began to cheer from Marcus' phone.

The Drifters', "Why do Fools Fall in Love," played among the room — resulting in Marcus giving a clap as he felt the giddiness of the music.