Boundless as the Sea | XXXII

CHAPTER THIRTY - TWO

"I don't bend easy, budge or break

"I don't bend easy, budge or break."

- Lil' Kim

THERE WAS A CRACKLE in the sweltering flames as Jules finished wrapping up the last bits of Raheem's gift next to the marble fireplace.

She watched the cinders fly from the hickory log.

The floating remains of a flame that burned so bright only seemed to trail her mind back to him.

Jules was half parts disgusted with herself for feeling something for someone who'd made her skin crawl in a plethora of ways, and equal parts astonished that it wasn't a temporary feeling.

Each time she'd try to shake it, it would end up clawing at her feet.

As she looked at the Christmas tree that was draped in icy white decor, the only thing she could think of was snuggling aside Raheem while watching cheesy movies.

She smiled as she looked forward to spending another holiday with him, but frowned upon remembering that there wouldn't be another holiday within the yard of the college she knew so well.

This was her last year at Baldwin.

The sound of Quincy playing the grand piano in her large living room broke her from her trance. Erica sat next to her husband, head nestled on his shoulder as he stopped every now and again to rub her belly.

Sean, the only other person in their spacious home that was of no relation, sat on the other side of the fire indulging in a S'more.

The fluff of a marshmallow oozed from the inside as chocolate coated the middle of the space left between the white pillow and brown crust of a graham cracker.

Jules frowned at his smacking as "The Perfect Holiday," played on the flatscreen television.

Morris Chestnut was wrapped in Gabrielle Union's warm skin and infectious smile, making Jules think of what Raheem was doing at this hour.

She pulled the sleeve of her satin Pajamas, a cherry red color with green trimming. If he could see her, he'd definitely tease her to the moon and back.

"You want some Julie Marie?" Sean asked as her smacked, "I could whip another one up for you?"

She shook her head as she passed on the offering, "I'm good Sean, thank you."

He snapped his fingers in remembrance, "I forgot -- you sure do hate marshmallows. Don't understand how though, it's all Erica ate when she was carrying you."

"Maybe I finally got sick of them," She shrugged.

"Maybe." Sean repeated while sitting back in his chair.