Deny thy father and refuse thy name | XLVI

CHAPTER FORTY - SIX

" Lie together, cry together

" Lie together, cry together. I swear to God I hope we fucking die together. "

- Notorious B.I.G

THERE WAS A CHILL OUTSIDE, and Raheem couldn't just credit it to the wind. There lied a still and sharp frost in Colt's stare as Rah looked over the terrace and into the garden.

It was one you felt poking at your back, tugging at your neck, and beckoning your name to react.

Raheem leaned both of his elbows forward on the stone overlook, he waited for the words that would come out of his mouth.

He never thought he'd get the chance to interact with Colt personally, at least not before his father was deemed successful for finally killing him.

Up until a few weeks ago, he hadn't planned on ever exchanging words with him.

Yet, now -- it was all he wanted to do. Though, there were two sides to his desire.

One was to curse him, if in fact, Jules did hold something sinister within her need to find him. To tell him how evil it was to make him fall in love, yet again, only to be crushed -- yet again by someone who wanted him gone.

For making him doubt the very thing that kept his head out of the game and into matters that would benefit him. Love; the love for life, art, genuine companionship, himself -- the people around him.

But, that would never happen.

Yet, if Jules was as naive as she appeared to be to this world -- to this life that would involve her no matter what she did, he'd want to tell him how idiotic it was to keep her oblivious within the clear line of war.

   "Raheem McDaniels," He greeted, " How pitiful it is that you survived long enough to face me. Good help is so hard to find."

"I bet if you tried to pull the trigger yourself, you'd be more successful. Yet, we all know that courage is not a character trait you posses." Raheem insulted.

"I was getting to that if you'd let me continue, but I wanted to chat first -- show some hospitality before I rid myself of the less fortunate."

  "Oh nigga' please," Rah laughed with a roll of his eyes.

The sound of frogs speaking into the night's air carried through the silence that appeared between them again.

  "I heard you're a journalism major," Quincy began, "Or at least that's what you are here, around everyone else."

"I heard you're a business man," Raheem returned with a scoff, "Or at least that's what you are here, around everyone else."

Colt's dress shoes against the pavement outside made most of the noise between them. He resumed a few steps away from Raheem.