14: Push and Pull

It has been a little over a week ever since Izuku and Katsuki have come back from their camping but neither have had the time to spend any alone time together. In the morning, they would be rushing to get ready to drop off the kids, then they would separate with one going grocery shopping while the other cleaned the house and made food. Then they would both train and study until they needed to go pick the kids up and the kids occupied their afternoons leaving them with barely enough time to actually do anything together other then share some occasional kisses, leaving Izuku always flustered from the gesture. They didn't mind not being able to do anything, but there were a couple things that Izuku wanted to mention which is why he was currently running back home after dropping the kids off. However, just his luck, he was stopped by a group of his friends consisting of Uraraka, Kirishima, Todoroki, and Mina.

"Hey deku! We haven't seen you in forever!" Uraraka beamed, approaching the greenette. Izuku stopped and waved.

"S-sorry. Taking care of kids takes a lot out of you" he answered while rubbing his neck, panting. The rest of the group came following behind with smiles of their own.

"Would you like to join us for brunch? Today is our only free day" Mina asks enthusiastically. Izuku really wanted to get back at the house but his friends were right. They haven't really seen each other much so he agreed with them.

"Sure! I'll ask kacchan if he would like to come." Izuku said as he got his phone out.

Izuku: want to come to brunch with our friends?

Katsuki: No

Izuku frowned a bit before typing again.

Izuku: ok then. Well have fun  :)

He turned his phone off and put it in his back pocket before flashing a small smile towards the group.

"He's not coming. Sorry to disappoint you" he said, he was more disappointed himself, to be honest. The group started walking down the sidewalk.

"It's ok. Not everyone wanted to come anyway" Mina said as she waved Izuku off.

"Who came?" he asked curious.

"Well all the girls are coming so the guys who are coming are Denki, Sero, Mineta, Ojiro, Tokoyami and then us five" Kirishima said as he led the group inside a small restaurant. Once inside, they made their way towards the back where the rest were. They sat down with Izuku sitting between Denki and Todoroki and having Tsu, Kirishima, and Uraraka in front of him.

"So how's the Island doing? Is everything almost done?" Izuku asked as he looked at teh menu to pick what he wanted.

"There is still a lot to do but we got most of the job done" denki answered.

"Yea but all we could do was get rid of all the big rocks and stuff. We can't really do anything with the broken homes" Uraraka said as she sighed after dropping her menu.

A waitress came to their table with a notepad and pencil.

"What will you guys be getting?" she chirped.

Everyone ordered their food with pancakes and waffles being the top two choices. Everyone munched on their food for a bit before they started conversing again.

"So how's Bakugou treating you?" Kirishima finally spoke. Izuku choked a bit on his food, not exactly expecting that question.

"H-...cough cough... he-has been o-ok..." Izuku answered, blushing a bit while coughing.

"Really? How so?" Denki asked this time. Izuku stuttered, not exactly knowing how to answer.

"W-well we've been taking care of the kids a-and all so we don't really talk to each other much.." He said looking at his food.