Your son is a mother hen.

Bruce had time for himself, wich usually happened only once in a very rare blue moon, so he was planing on reading a couple of books from his library while he enjoyed a good glass of wine without having to worry about his city being set on fire.

It was supposed to be his nice and quiet alone time, so you could imagine his surprise when in between two shelf's of books in the end of the room he found a girl sitting on the ground.

Well it wasn't a random girl — or otherwise he would be calling the parents of the girl before deciding on calling the police or no — it was Davina Vittoria Damian's new best friend.

He had no idea how the friendship had started because it was well... Damian and the only persons that he befriended where people in their line of work and even then it took him quite sometime to warm up to them enough to call them friends out loud.

And as far as he was concerned the girl was just that, a girl with no super association — she did have Criminal association though, her older brother worked for a mob boss but since it didn't were a custom and his business where in the moderate side he let them be, and besides that her Grandmother was a little shady, well at least she used to be, he wasn't quite sure what exactly she used to do in her youth but he was sure it was nothing legal, it was kinda impressive he had to admit, be know as a criminal but not having anyone that could say without a doubt what crimens she exactly committed — that only went to the same school as Damián — Through a scholarship, and yes he did check her records but that was what every normal parent in Gotham would do, so it wasn't paranoid of his part

And was nice... But not too much nice, like a receptionist who's job was to be polite with the people asking for information but once she was out of her job she wouldn't give a damn about anything.

If he had to be honest he didn't have any idea why the two had bounded to the point where if he needed to know where his son was all he had to do was track the girl's phone and he would find his son right next to her.

Well not now though.

He was fairly sure that they were both too old to play hide and seek so he was mildly curious as why the girl felt the need to hide.

"Father" he heard his son called from the door trying to look like he wasn't looking for someone.

So she was hiding from Damián, uh.

"Yes, son?" He asked giving his attention to the book in his hand or at least pretending that while he watched Davina put a finger in front of her lips.

So she didn't want to be found either.

"Have you seen Vina? We were supposed to... Work on a project but she never returned from the bathroom" 

"Haven't seen her" he said you know, like a liar, because adults could lie sometimes and besides he was kinda curious to know what was going on and he had more possibilities of founding out asking the girl than his son.

"I see, I'll appreciate if you let me know if you happen to see her" he said politely still looking a bit around.

"Sure, good luck, she couldn't go too far" well she could, after all the manor was huge, but she didn't since she was here in the library.

He waited a couple of minutes until he was sure Damian wasn't around and then he looked directly at the girl.

"Wanna explain?" He asked casually and for a moment Davina seen to considere were to talk to him or no.

"Your Son is a mother hen, and a spartan" she answered cryptically and he raised an eyebrow. The second thing she said he already knew it, but the first was odd.  

"Care to explain?" He asked more interested than before.

So the thing was that a couple of months ago a classmate of them had no accepted a no for an answer after asking Davina out, and that end up with Davina having a large bruise in her wrist and with an angry Damián.

So his son like the mother hen that he was — Davina's words not his — design a training plan for Davina so in the future she could stand for herself wich was kinda of sweet if it weren't for the fact that his son had way to high standards and since a week ago the training had become hell for Davina not leaving her another choice but to runaway and hide.

What called more his attention was the fact that even when she knew what waited for her in the manor she still came everyday after school, so he couldn't help but ask about it.

"Because he is happy when  I ask him if I can come to his house" she said like it was the more obvious thing in the world.

For a second Bruce didn't know what to say.

For one, Davina seem to know Damián so well that she knew that Damián had troubles asking things  from people — he saw that as a sign of weakness — and two she cared for Damián happiness to the point where she could ignore her own awkwardness — because Bruce could see that she too was the kind of person that didn't like ask things from other but more because she didn't want to make feel people troubled by his problems — just to make him happy.

And besides it was the fact that his son was happy spending time with her, away from the masks and they daily problems.

All this was new to Bruce and honestly he didn't know what to do.

"Well it was good speaking to you mister Wayne, but Damián is ready to negotiate so I'm leaving, thanks for everything" she said waking to the door like she just didn't shake Bruce's world.

A couple of days later when he saw his son learning how to dance with his best friend he considered that he probably didn't knew his son so well as he thought he did, and probably not one in their family did.

But Davina probably did know him.

.

Note: It's Bruce a bad dad? Yes he is, will I use this on mi fic? Hell yeah! So don't blame of you hate him a little after reading.

Loved to you all! And thank you for commenting!

.

Extras:

Dick: You usually use humor to deflect trauma.
Jason: Thank you.
Dick: I didn't say that it was good.
Jason: all I heard is that you think that I am funny.

.

Tim: he might have a concussion so asked him things to keep her awake.
Damián: how many moons does Mars have?
Dick: ....
Tim: Things he knows!