Chapter 46: Moody Wife

CHAPTER FORTY SIX

GENESIS CRANE

I glanced at my wife worriedly, I had noticed her lack of interest of things these days - especially her interest in bed with me (much to my frustration and dismay, I must say) and she's very hot-tempered - well, she was born hot-tempered but this time is much extra. She would snapped at me without a reason, or maybe it did has a reason I just failed to notice. With our four months together in the island we learned a lot of things from each other. I didn't even know she prefers watching Animated films than Action-Thriller which I assumed her favorite, but I was wrong. Definitely wrong.

"He was punched ten times in the face, and yet his face still flawless. What the heck," she rants one time.

"That's Clark Kent."

And I discovered she sings in the shower. Her voice isn't good and neither bad. She danced when she's sad, weird but when Puto died (the milkfish we saw jumping on the shore, she refused to eat it so we kept it alive, put in a bathtub but after three days the fish floats in the water. Dead. She named it Puto because she was eating puto when we discovered the fish) Southern was devastated, she played a farewell song as she danced over the slow and sad rhythm.

Mas nakilala ko siya nang higit, at lahat ng nakita at nalaman ko sakanya ay minahal ko agad. She was Southern, my Witch, the woman I married and loved deeply. I loved her so much even if she fought me over a last piece of French Fries, threw her slipper at my face when I tease her, slapped my butt to wake me, buried me in the sand when I annoy her. She was all Amazona, brutal, and ruthless but I loved her. If I were to ask if I believe in soulmates, I would say yes. Southern was my soulmate, we are bound to each other. Even if we fought, cursed at each other, we would always run to each other at the end of the day. I would embrace her and she would apologise, then we cuddle and make love till the first colour in the morning appears. The feeling was always like the first time. This may sounds gay but I feel jittery, sparkle and flushed like a six grader who was noticed by his crush. When I'm with her, I feel not so manly at all which is a bit humiliation to my ego, but it's alright. And fuck being Alpha. The world knew she's scarier than me, and that's fine with me.

Now watching her slowly drifting to sleep I couldn't help smiling. She's really cute. My Witch.

"Rest my love. You have nothing to worry," I whispered, brushing off hair away from her cheek. She purred.

Just then gunshots echoed, bullet shells ramming on my car's windshield two at a time. My brows furrowed, do they really think I'd ride cheap car? This is bulletproof, assholes!

I cursed when they tried shooting my wife's direction. Dammit! I'll kill you all!

Rolling the steering wheel, I floored the gas, speeding through the empty street, throwing glances at my wife who fell asleep. Mukhang ako lang mag-isa ngayon, siguradong aawayin niya ako kapag nalaman niyang hindi ko siya ginising. She wouldn't miss any chance for action, trouble was her nickname, and she's proud of it. But right now I didn't have the heart to ruin her rest, she needed it.

I was still a bit shaken and disappointed when I found out she wasn't pregnant, I was so sure I buried all my seeds inside her. But that was okay because I plan to score next time. Now back to the task at hand I focus back my attention to the road, ignoring the bullets hitting my car. Pressing my earpiece, I said, "Who are these pests, Lesser?"