Chapter 27: Last Breath

I hope this chapter won't confuse you.

Happy reading to everyone!  
-Naya

CHAPTER TWENTY SEVEN

GENESIS CRANE

"Kaps, excited ka na umuwi?"

I smiled at him. Peter was eating Ice Cream, topless inside my room. He was a year older than me but sometimes he would acting like he was younger than me. He is far different from Noah, who only acts silly around people who doesn't know him. Peter would always play mysterious and childish at the same time. He was an open book, easy to read and to be with.

"Yeah, I can't wait to see my wife," I answered. The smile never left my face after our man-hunting last night.

Wala pang isang linggo ay kumanta na si Lasonas kaya natumbong namin ang kuta ng Leader ng Nemesí. It was a risky attack, the battle was deadly. But the risk was all worth it.

"Pwede ba tayong mamasyal, Kaps? Marami raw magagandang babae sa Santorini."

I scrolled through my phone, smiling at my Wife's pictures my brothers sent to me. Lumingon ako sa kapatid na may nakakunot na noo.

"I thought you're into Circe Myrmidon?"

Umangat ang isang kilay niya habang dinidilaan ang Ice Cream. He was a messy eater. I had to reached for the tissue box and gave it to him.

"Kaps, nakita mo ba kung paano niya baliin ang leeg ng kalaban natin kagabi?" he shudders. "Nakakatakot siya!" He hugged himself as he tried to make himself small in my bed.

I shook my head and smiled to myself. Peter maybe tough but he's still as innocent as my younger brothers. Speaking of them, I hope they are not giving my wife too much problem.

"She's an assassin, Peter. Don't expect her to go gentle."

"But I want a woman who is graceful and innocent."

I looked at him. Pumasok bigla sa isipan ko si South. Never had I seen her became graceful and innocent? She's too far from that. She's rather brutal, blunt and damn aggressive. God, I miss her so much.

Peter blinked his eyes curiously at me. Probably wondering why the hell I am smiling like an idiot.

"There's a reason why I fell in love with a badass woman, Peter," I said with a smile. "Isn't challenging when a woman is more dominating than you?"

Napangiwi siya. "Natutuwa ka ba Kaps kapag minumura ka ni Timog?"

I laughed, picture of my wife cursing flashed in my head. "Yeah. She's hot when she curse at me. She looked lovely," I rubbed my chin thoughtfully. "Especially when she kicks asses like it's her habit. A woman who makes you bleed is worth keeping."

He tsked, shook his head like I was impossible. He wiped his mouth using a tissue then looked at me.

"Sorry, Kaps. Idol ko si Timog pero mas gusto ko pa rin ang babaeng isisigaw ang pangalan ko kapag nasa kapahamakan," he said then winced as if remembered something. "And not a woman who makes the opposite — kills the men before I gets her."

"Then maybe, the woman you are looking for is not here in Greece."

He shrugged his shoulders and continue eating his Ice Cream. I reached my hand on his hair and patted his head. He looked up at me and smile, mouth was covered with Ice Cream.