Chapter 36: Elixir of Death

CHAPTER THIRTY SIX

GAB CORTEZ

The room was eerie silent, only the heavy and angry steps of the former President can be heard as he paced back and forth in the corner, a phone tightly pressed on his left ear, face in grim expression.

My parents, Imy, her mother and I were anxiously sitting at the living room, watching the former President turning grey the longer he stayed listening to whoever over the phone.

"What do you mean they rejected our proposal? They can't do that! Davian promised me his support — what?! New leader?!" his gravely voice thundered around the room. 

Imy gave a questioning look, I shrugged my shoulders as an answer.

Wala kaming ideya kung anong nangyayari, pinatawag nalang kami ng mga Marso sa kanilang mansyon at simula nang dumating kami ay abala na ang dating Pangulo sa telepono. We had been here for 45 minutes and I was growing impatient as minutes passed by. I shouldn't be here and should be preparing myself for my date with Psalm.

Just the thought of him made me grin like an idiot. Our relationship has been improved, we hang out more often and even exchanging 'I like you's' every now and then. Pinakilala ko na siya sa paborito kong aso namin at pinakilala na rin niya ako sa tanim na halaman niya sa likod ng bahay nila. After our date tonight, I was planning to introduce him to my father as my officially babybaby. Sinabi niyang ipapakilala rin niya ako sa Dada niya bilang babybaby niya. I was so excited but dreading the time when he has to introduce me to his brothers.

I'm already working to get onto their good sides, I had been sending them candies, foods and gifts. Madalas ako sa bahay nila kaya nakakabonding ko sila ng lubos, medyo pinagpapasalamat ko na wala pa si Genesis kaya nakakadiskarte ako kay Psalm. But Noah seemed to sense something, I hope he won't kill me when I dropped the bomb.

"We need funds to start the retribution against the Sigma! Get the new leader's contact and I'd do the negotiations, you useless piece of shit!"

I was pulled from the reverie at the former President's voice. He drastically hung the call and huffed, his face were red in rage, jaw clenched as he looked at us angrily.

No one wants to feel the wrath of the psychopath so everyone keep their mouth shut. Aside from his wife, who swallowed down her fear and approached her husband.

"Honey, are you sure about negotiating with the new leader?" she asked, caressing her husband's arm gently.

I cringed, the woman was obviously forcing herself to do the simple act to please her husband.

"It could be dangerous."

The former President scoffed, pushing his wife as if he knew she was just trying to get his good side. "I know what I am doing. I had been dealing with the devil so this one is no new to me. I'd get their support and kill all the Benedicto... including everyone who helped them. I'd make sure to wipe out their existence in the history."

I swallowed hard, hands shaking as my heart pound heavily inside my chest. Fear must be evident on my face because the former President smirked at me.

"Especially the Crane. Jackal's sons were extraordinary, I had to exterminate them all. Sagabal sila, hindi ba, Gab?" he asked devilishly.

Kinuyom ko ang mga kamao. Ang takot kanina ay napalitan na nang matinding galit. All I wanted to do was to wipe the devious smirk on his face.

The devil must knew about Psalm. I wasn't surprised, he has eyes everywhere. It's too late now to warn the Crane.