Chapter 31: Message received

For everyone...

CHAPTER THIRTY ONE

GENESIS CRANE

Seeing the look on my younger brothers face was enough explanation to what happen inside the room. Their teary eyes and quivering lips proved it did not went well. Again.

"K-kaps..." as Isaiah said that, he burst out, crying.

I sighed, massaging the center of my eyebrows hoping the throbbing to ease even a little. But it did not. Mas lalo lang lumala nang maging si Psalm at Josiah ay umiyak na rin. Opening my eyes, I gave them a pity and guilty look.

"It's okay, I got it from here. Go home and focus on your studies."

Psalm wiped his cheeks, his eyes were swollen from crying. "G-gagawan kita ng mga notes, Kaps."

Tumango ako at binigyan sila ng daan para makauwi sila. I gave Barak a look, which he nodded in understanding. Watching their back as they leave, I released another yet long breath. Pumasok na rin ako sa kwarto dala ang mga pagkain na bitbit ko.

Southern's lit up upon seeing me. She almost jump out of her bed to welcome me but I was quick to be in her side to stop her. "Southern, stop moving too much. Your Doctor advised you that," I reminded but she seemed not interested in my words.

"I missed you," she snuggled close to me, kissing and nipping the skin of my neck, her hands caressing down my chest, but before she could reach the hem of my pants, I held her wrist and pushed myself away from her. She protested, glaring at me. "Genesis," she whined. "Come here."

Dinala ko ang mga binili ko sa lamesa at sumagot nang nakatalikod sakanya. "I was only out for an hour, Southern. And what did I tell you? Rest, right?" Lumingon ako sakanya at hindi nabigo nang makita ang nakasimangot nitong mukha. "And what did you do to my younger brothers, by the way? They were crying outside." Humarap ako sakanya at sumandal sa lamesa, ang dalawang kamay ay nakapatong sa magkabilang gilid para pang-suporta.

She scowled, crossing her arms over her chest. "I was waiting for you! And your brothers were annoying! I tried to rest but they keep on pestering me!"

I sighed, I completely understood that part since my brothers were too excited to be with her again but, "Alright. How about you go rest now? Your Doctors advised you need a complete rest."

"I'm fine, Genesis. Can we just cuddle? Please?" she gave me that puppy-eyes she never used before.

I shook my head. "You just woke up from coma, Southern. Rest is what you need for you to recover fast. The Doctors—"

"Bullshit! Stop listening to those assholes and start listening to me! I'm your wife!" she growled angrily.

I sighed for the umpteenth times, rubbing the center of my eyebrows. Her voice did not help to ease my throbbing head and growing stress. Three days had been passed since she awake but my stress level did not even ease a little, instead it increased even more to the point that I just wanted to walk out and breathe outside. But leaving my wife was a stupid idea, I would never leave her again.

I looked at Southern, who had her face contorted in way of annoyance. Her sharp gaze was enough to cut a bread, or even a life. Lumapit ako sakanya at masuyong hinaplos ang buhok nito. Nasa Hospital pa kami, sabihin man ng mga Doctor na maayos na siya at maari nang umuwi ay hindi pa rin ako kumbinsido. She looked completely fine but I knew something's still wrong with her. I just couldn't point it out. I was only hoping a few more days stay here could bring her old self.