TWENTY-FOUR.

HER POINT OF VIEW

i sat on top of lucas's lap and kissed him softly. he kissed me back and ran his hand along the center of my back. "you are a pretty good kisser." i teased as i pulled away, looking him in the eyes.

"thanks, ive had lots of practice," he wiggled his eyebrows. i internally cringed but the only sound that escaped my lips was a laugh.

that's when i noticed how much he was staring at me. not just at my face but my whole body. he played with the strings on my sweater and i cocked my head, "is something wrong?"

"no" he quickly responded and leaned into kiss me more when i heard my phone got off in the back of my pocket.

"i don't know if i believe you." i chuckled because even if lucas didn't want to admit it. i knew he was lying just by the way he acted. i leaned in still and gave him a quick peck.

"i just ran into someone today." he looked away this time.

bzzz. the sound of my phones vibration was loud enough for both of us to hear. i let out a sigh and pulled my phone out to see who was trying contact me.

"who did you run into?" i asked as i noticed it was an unsaved number.

maybe: riley matthews. at the top of the screen made me even more confused. we had barely talked since everything had gone down between the two of us or should i say the four of us. she was in her own world and so was I which was probably for the best.

"oh.. you know.." he drifted off the last word and i read the message she had sent me.

"farkle?"
"farkle."

we said at the same time.

i furrowed my eyebrows and looked at him.

huh?

"maya-" he began but i stopped listening. i looked down at the phone in my hands, rereading his name over and over. i was more confused on why farkle himself didn't tell me. i snapped out of my confusion and looked at lucas when he used his hand to cover my phone. "..i didn't think he would come back."

"neither did i." i whispered back and began to get off of him. "im sorry."

"so does this mean we're over again." he joked but i quickly looked over at him with furrowed eyebrows.

"what? no." i quickly gathered my thoughts and softened my expression. I smiled at him and brushed my hand against his cheek. "i like this."

"i do too." he whispered back before pulling me back into him.

as we began to kiss, my mind began to race with multiple thoughts. i would've like to be shocked that farkle didn't say anything to me about being back but we barely talked while he was away. he was busy. too busy for me.

why should i make time for someone who didn't care enough to make time for me?

i missed him though. i missed his dumb face. the way he tried to make sense of everything and put others ahead of him.

i was brought back to reality by lucas whispering about how hard i made him. it made me giggle and begin to tug at the bottom of his shirt so he could take it off. i could feel his smirk against my lips as we kissed. he made me feel lightheaded but in a good way. every time his tongue would touch mine, i could feel my whole body heat up. he pulled away for a moment and began to undress himself. it made me let out a small laugh because of how excited he was to get naked for me.

"come here." i teased as i pulled him on top of me with a smile growing with each passionate kiss. i pulled away for a small moment and grabbed ahold of his cheeks so he could look at me. "you are my everything, lucas, and im not gonna mess it up again."