TWENTY-TWO.

HER POINT OF VIEW

"wait...what?" i managed to process what he said fully, minutes after he said it. it seemed like such a sick joke and he was gonna laugh after saying it, but there was no laughter. i looked up into his eyes and he looked down. he was intoxicated, but even then he still knew what that would mean.

"he came home and told me that his job is opening a new branch in california. they wanted him to oversee it and depending on how successful...we would move there for good." he explained and i felt my whole world come crashing down.

"w-what did you say?" i asked him, the worry in my voice must've been obvious because he held me closer to him.

"i told him i was excited." i pushed myself away from him and furrowed my eyebrows into a frown.

"why would you say that?!" i exclaimed and looked down.

"maya.." he began to say but he began to slur the rest of his sentence. i knew this wasn't the right time to be talking to him about this especially since he was drunk. i let out a sigh before walking towards his bedroom door and shutting it softly.

"get in bed." i commanded and before he could protest i nudged him down into his bed. he was trying to say something, but we would talk about this in the morning when he was sober. i let out a sigh as i watched him lay his down on his pillows. he looked over at me and it made my heart skip a beat.

"come." he barely whispered and i couldnt resist. i smiled and kicked off my shoes then rested my head beside his. i looked up at his ceiling and we just laid there in silence for a moment before he turned himself to face me. he put his arms around me and pulled me closer into him. i rested my head against his chest and smiled.

i didnt know what was going to happen in the morning or what was going to happen a week from now. all i know is that right now i was in a state of peace. his fingers touched mine and brought my hand up to my vision.

he played with my fingers before lacing his with mine. we had hardly interacted like this, it was something more romantic that made me feel different. a good different.

"i love you." i managed to say which caught his attention.

"i love you too.. more than anything else in my life." he muttered with a light chuckle. i pulled my hand away and sat up. i leaned my arm on his chest and looked into his eyes.

"do you mean that?" i asked him as he eyes moved from the ceiling towards my eyes.

"i do." he cracked a smile before pulling me into him and giving me a kiss.

his lips tasted like alcohol but i didnt pull away. our lips moved against each others and slowly became used to the taste. his hand held onto my cheek keeping me next to him. his tongue brushed against my mine and i pressed my own against his. before it could go any further i pushed myself away with a light laugh.

"that was supposed to be wholesome." i looked over at him and he smiled as if he had just won the biggest prize in a gameshow.

"you are everything right in my life.." his thumb ran along my lips softly. "im sorry."

before he could continue or i could ask him what he meant. he closed his eyes and turned to his side facing the other way. i sat there in confusion as he slowly drifted off to sleep. i knew i would have to wait till he woke up for answers and to keep the conversation going, but it felt like forever.

i pushed myself to the side of the bed and let my feet dangle off the edge. i thought that admitting to him how i felt everything would be fixed, but it didnt feel that way at all. i pulled out my phone in my back pocket and looked at the time. it was getting late but i didnt wanna leave him alone. i wanted to be here for when he woke up.