Chapter 43

Chapter 43

"Yes you." Aldrich crossed his arms and stared at him with a serious look in his eyes for once. "Who are your parents?" Noah couldn't help but be dizzy by the question. What would his parents have to do with vampires? His parents had been dead for a few years now. There was no way they could be involved.

"Umm my parents are dead." Noah shook his head with his eyebrows creased together. "What would they have to do with any of this?" He was tense. He wanted to know if Aldrich knew they were dead. He wanted to know why they would still have a presence in his life even after their death.

"Just answer the question please" Aldrich pressed. He didn't want to tell Noah his thoughts, not until they were confirmed or denied. "But know that it's very important ." Noah slapped his leg in annoyance, he wasn't going to hit anything in his way. Crow was a bit too close. His parents were a sensitive topic for him. He didn't mind telling Crow, but Aldrich gave off the vibe which made Noah not want to tell him anything.

"They're dead. Their names were Naomi and Spencer Trison. They were workaholics, they were hardly ever free from work. They worked the night shift. They were both doctors. Whenever they were home all they did was tell me about how pointless my dreams and ambitions were.why?" Noah crossed his arms and leaned heavily on one foot.

"What was your mother's maiden name?" Aldrich didn't move an inch forward or backward as Noah got more and more annoyed with him. He felt sorry for the boy, he felt sympathy. He didn't want to push Noah too far but he had to get these answers out of him somehow. He could have been nicer about it but he was in a sort of hurry. It probably didn't help that his voice was racing with excitement, the excitement of someone who is closer to finding out the truth to life's biggest mystery

"Scarson." Noah said simply. Noah watched as Aldrich's eyes widened . Aldrich jumped up from his seat and started clapping, he was practically jumping in circles with joy . "why?" Noah repeated, his voice much more stern then it had been before.

"That's the answer. Don't you see?" Aldrich walked over to Noah and wrapped his arm around Noah's shoulder. "Think about all we have just said. Think about the questions we've had all surrounding why you were the one to survive." Aldrich was trying to get out of actually saying what he was thinking. He wanted Noah to came to the conclusion by himself, it would make it more believable.

Noah's mouth ran dry, he felt like he would have fainted if he wasn't a vampire. He felt like he needed to sit down and put his head in his hands to stop the world from racing around him. "You're not suggesting-" Crow spoke up from beside him, Noah hand' noticed that Crow had taken his hand.

"But I am!" Aldrich beamed as he moved back in front of them all. Sawyer had sat down in the seat which his father abandoned. He didn't feel like he could comment on the matter. "Your mother's maiden name is well known. I don't believe I couldn't see it sooner." He facepalmed himself as his grin didn't leave. Sawyer had put his head on his fist as he watched his father be his regular self. Sawyer was aware that his father probably seemed insensitive to Noah and Crow but it was something Sawyer had gotten used to.

"You're telling me that my mother was a vampire." Noah stated. He was questioning the whole thing , he couldn't believe what Aldrich was suggesting. "No...no it can't be...my life cannot be that messed up." He squeezed Crow's hand with some reassurance. He didn't want Crow to think he wasn't grateful for his presence.

"I wouldn't call it messed up...Noah." Aldrich's voice lost it's excitement, sincerity and sympathy creeped in. "Noah that's what kept you alive.That is why you're still walking and talking here now. It was your dormant genes which kept you alive. The other experiments? They had been completely human beforehand. The vampire genes had died out."

Noah couldn't hear much more of this. It was clear to everyone that he was reaching the emotional breaking point. His life had been covered by a great big midnight coloured blanket. He didn't have any sense of the truth anymore. He had no sense of who he was.

"Dad." Sawyer spoke up. Aldrich turned to see his son staring at him. "We should go." Sawyer wasn't very good with people, but he was very good at seeing whenever someone was upset. He could see the sadness and confusion building up within Noah and pushing against him, waiting to be free.

Aldrich opened and closed his mouth a few times, before he sighed and looked to the two boys with a fond yet sad look. "I'll give you boys some space. I'll keep an eye on you but I know that you need time to process this." He gave them a smile and a wave. Sawyer had picked up his bag and also gave a wave to them both before he exited the room. Aldrich followed him slowly and silently.

As soon as the door shut Crow wrapped his arms around Noah in a comforting hug. He could feel Noah shaking , he was trying to keep back his sobs. He was so confused and he wasn't getting the answers he was hoping for. He couldn't think of the positive side, he couldn't think of the face, he could get an explanation as to why his parents ignored him so much. He could only think of the lies he had been told.

"It's alright, you'll be okay." Crow whispered to him, he tried to be reassuring. He was happy. He was happy that he had an explanation as to why Noah was still alive. He was happy that Noah wouldn't crumble to dust in his arms. It didn't make a lot of sense, but it was one tiny piece of the puzzle that they needed.

The two of them stayed there for a while. They didn't know exactly how long they were there for but when it came to them separating the sky was getting dark. They didn't fancy going back to Crow's house. Instead they went into the forest and to the treehouse. Where the two of them got comfortable and cosy. Noah knew he had to talk, he had to let out his emotions.He just wasn't sure what to say.