Chapter 2

Chapter 2

Crow entered his home a little bit out of town. He was quiet as he entered through the front door and tiptoed around the passage. He hoped that there was no one walking through the passage as he was supposed to be upstairs in his room. He turned to go up the stairs but was quickly stopped by a voice he knew all too well.

"Crow what are you doing down here? I didn't hear you coming down the stairs." His mother Violet stood with her arms crossed. Violet was one of Crow's adopted mothers, she had blonde hair and green eyes and usually held a kind expression. Only now her expressions as stern and scolding.

"I-I was just being quiet you know?" Crow swung his foot back and forward in hopes that he would come off convincing. "I didn't want to interrupt your programme..." he gestured with his hand towards the living room with a sheepish smile. Violet hummed disbelievingly and was about to question him more when she was interrupted.

"Crow? Come here a sec please!"Crow heard his other mother Ruby shout from the living room. Crow walked in behind Violet as he saw Ruby on the settee. He was glad that Ruby had interrupted as he had forgotten they were not watching a programme but a film instead. "Could you sort this thing out please?" Ruby said as she held up the television remote.

Crow chuckled as he walked towards hsi red-haired mother. "What did you do this time?" He asked her as he sat down on the settee. Violet had sat on her armchair not too far away from them. Crow's mothers were in their early thirties so Crow didn't quite understand how they didn't get the simplest of technologies, even if they were around to see them develop.

"Nothing! I swear." Ruby held her hands up in surrender as humour shone in her blue eyes. "I just don't know how to technology. You know that, it just...froze." Her voice started to get quieter and quieter. Ruby liked to think that she was 'tech savvy' and got easily annoyed when she didn't understand things such as how to work a simple DVD player.

"For once she's telling the truth." Violet mused. "Something you should try and do once in a while." Though she was joking, Crow did feel a slight pinch of guilt as he looked to the television, attempting to avoid the judging eyes of Violet. Crow felt bad for lying all the time but he told himself it was for their own good. He doubted they would believe a word he said if he even began to tell them the truth.

"And by just froze you mean...someone pressed the pause button." Crow looked accusingly to the floor where Raven lay. It's true Raven was an odd name for a cat but considering Violet and Ruby were both colours and Crow is a bird they thought it would be a fitting name for their black cat. Raven looked up and even though he was a cat you could see the mischief in his green eyes.

"Wait...you little-" Ruby had a grin on her face as she laughed at Raven. "I suppose you didn't like the film we were watching huh?" Ruby picked up Raven who snuggled into her lap. Violet watching with happiness in her eyes as she watched her small family. Crow handed the remote back to Ruby as he stood up, nearly hitting the low hanging light.

"I'll be upstairs if you need me. " Crow sighed happy that he got out of trouble with Violet. Crow grabbed his school bag before he left the room and headed upstairs to his bedroom. He heard violet shout, telling him that there was food in the fridge . Crow made a mental note to eat it later, though it wouldn't provide any nutritional value, hsi mothers' cooking was something he didnt' want to miss out on.

His bedroom was rather extravagant for a teenager, he was the only child of Violet and Ruby and so they went all out. Violet came from a rather wealthy family and she inherited quite a bit of money which she both invested in her business and her family.

Crow's walls were a light blue with black silhouettes of trees and grass running along the walls. The branches were shelves where he stacked many things , such as his vast collection of books, some of which needing to be placed in piles on the floor due to lack of space.

Crow's bed was rather large and held many pillows. It's current colour scheme was black and royal purple in order to match the seasons. He still had the remains of glow in the dark stickers on his ceiling which he didn't mind at all, it went well with the walls. He had a wardrobe which was painted black along with a television stand, which held a rather large TV.

You could tell that he enjoyed reading as soon as you stepped into the room. That was about the only thing that you would notice about him from the room. He had a lot of things stored away so he could easily find them if the need arises or if he wished to practice his hobbies.

There was also a very very very small desk in the corner of the room, no light could get to it and Crow had to sit on the floor in order to use it. It was a desk that you would see in an exam hall in high school. It held no room for Crow's long legs and thus the floor was the comfiest place to sit.

As Crow entered his room he placed his Bag next to this desk and sat down, grabbing his laptop and putting it on the writing covered desk. They could afford a new desk but Crow didn't really see the need for one, it did it's job and he had so many memories sitting here.

Once hsi laptop loaded Crow put in his password . He had also had his laptop for a while and so typing the password 'bluewillow435' was almost an automatic movement for him. He opened up word and started to type away .

"Dear diary,

It was a university student today. He was rather handsome. I'd rather not go into too much detail about this one. This time it was difficult for me. I didn't want to do it . I never want to do ti but it had to be done. There was no other person who would be so easy to...you know. Those who live on the streets have gotten used to it, i found that out the hard way a little while ago. They know too much so it's safer to stick to those who don't know.

I didnt' know his name but may he rest in peace.

As for the rest of my day it was uneventful, the usual, the mundane. I hope i never grow tired of it but i fear that day is coming soon. Though I have work to do so i guess i'll get on that, that's me for the night. Speak tomorrow."

He signed off with a little bird drawing that he uploaded onto his laptop a little while ago , that was somewhat his signature.