chapter 4

Chapter 4

Crow spent his morning by himself surrounded by people. His classes went by easily and he answered a few questions. He played the role of a normal sixth form student whilst feeling rather agitated.

He had fed last night and though the guilt was eating away at him, so was the thought that he would need to do that all again. When he was with Haven or at home he was able to distract himself from the depressing thoughts that seem to come to the surface when he was focused on nothing.

His art had became more morbid and inr religious studies his debates became more heated and determined. Crow's personality had definitely gotten more intense the past few months , it was something a lot of people noticed but they brushed it off, assuming it was exam stress or his teenage attitude.

Crow was sat int he cafeteria, there was no-one having lunch at the moment as it was sixth period . He wasn't usually here at this point but he was waiting for Haven to meet up with him. Crow was just looking at his planner, as though he was doing something but in fact he was just letting his thoughts wonder.

"So c-crow..."A familiar voice said from behind him, the voice was one of a young boy, This boy had known Crow for around three years, they met when he was new to the school and the boy seemed fascinated with Crow. At the time Crow was still the skinny boy who got bullied constantly , the change in Crow's social status was what drew Sawyer Kaley to him.

Sawyer was quite the adorable teenager, he had shaggy brown hair and big warm light brown eyes which were framed by glasses which seemed to be a little too slow for him, Sawyer was small and skinny just like Crow had once been, he also experienced the same torment that Crow had front he bullies of the school.

"Sooo..." Sawyer started as Crow gave him a careful smile. "Did you get anything...to eat last night?" The question was one which startled Crow a little bit, there was no reason for Sawyer to ask such a thing. The only reason that Crow could think of as to why Sawyer would ask that is if he found out that he was a vampire.

"How do you mean sawyer?" Crow asked as he lifted an eyebrow. He could tell that his voice was somewhat intimidating to Sawyer despite them knowing each other for a while, he was genuinely surprised it didn't have a similar effect to Haven. "If you're asking about the wraps i had last night then yes they were really tasty..but something tells me you're not talking about that..."

The small amount of confidence that Sawyer had was slowly disappearing with each word that Crow said. "I know..the ...you know! The one thing you don't want people to know? I know it!" Sawyer said this in a matter of seconds and by the time he was out of breath and holding his book in front of his face. "Please don't eat me."

Crow took a moment to take in the information that was before him along with weighing up his options. Killing Sawyer was not one of them but he decided to make the silence somewhat agonizing for the poor boy with a stern stare. "How do you know the thing i don't want people to know?" Crow's deep voice got deeper as he looked where Sawyer's eyes would be if he did not have the book covering his face.

"I-I was out at the town last night!" Sawyer admitted with his voice slightly muffled from the paper in front of his face. "I-was at the bus stop waiting for my mam to come back when i sa w someone go around the corner, it w-wasn't you! But then you came out from there. I didnt' even see you go in and there was no other way of getting there." Sawyer lowered the book slightly so that his eyes were looking over at Crow. "b-besides it makes sense for the uh- intimidation people feel, and the coconut water that you drink. I mean come on who drinks that much coconut water? I read it can be used in blood-"

Crow groaned and placed his head on his arms as he turned back around. This caused Sawyer to flinch away, he nearly took off running but he knew there was no way to outrun a vampire and so he stayed rooted to the spot . Crow took a moment before massaging his temples "You were the only other one there right?" Crow cursed himself in his head for being reckless and not noticing that the observant boy was there last night. Sawyer said nothing which prompted Crow to look him in the eyes and repeat "right?"

The stern tone was one which would make a grown man cower in fear , something Crow had found rather useful against bullies and others who tried to annoy him. "N-no i mean yes! I mean- no-one else was there." The personality of the boy in front of him made Crow want to relax and melt but he couldn't take this situation lightly. 'That i know of' was about to come out of Sawyer's mouth but he thought better of it.

"And you do realize that you are not allowed to tell anyone right? No matter the cost?" Crow looked Sawyer dead in the eyes as he said this , in order to get his point across. No mater what Sawyer did he could not escape the piercing gaze of the vampire in front of him, Sawyer's heart was beating fast and his breathing was shallow. A natural response for the humans when they feel the fear that Sawyer was feeling at that moment.

"O-of course sir! Uh Crow." The books had nearly fell onto the floor and out of Sawyer's grip as he walked backwards. Crow could see Haven coming out of the classroom on the second floor of the school, which was only slightly visible from where he was, her bright red hair a clear giveaway. "F-for protection!"

This was something that Crow wasn't expecting, though after a few moments of thinking it over he realized why the poor boy would ask that, it would make total sense why the small boy would want protection. He had seen Sawyer be bullied often and he would have stepped in sooner , had he not felt some sort of blissfulness that he was no longer the one being bullied. It was selfish of him , he knew that , but for the moment he was happy that the fists weren't in his face.

Crow gave a slight nod towards Sawyer who jumped in happiness and glee. Crow was quick to usher hima way as Haven approached. Sawyer payed no mind to the ushering away and just skipped off. Crow wondered what on earth he was doing outside of class but brushed it off as Haven greeted him.

"You ready to go?" Haven asked as she watched Sawyer's back with a confused expression. She had a smile on her face and a bounce in her step. Crow nodded happily as he turned round, grabbed his book and bag and they headed towards the doors. Hopefully they could get out of there before the crowds started forming as the bell rang.